951 abgaskrümmer alternativ

• Hello from Norway.
    I need a new manifold/abgaskrümmer for my 944 turbo. I want to buy an aftermarket version because many of the old second hand ones are old and cracking.

In the USA there are at least three alternatives. Lindsey Racing: $900, Speed Force Racing: $1100 and Front Range Fabrications: $650.

Are there any European alternatives? Surely someone must be making some manifolds over here as well.

Thank you.

• I found that at ebay
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/Porsche…teile&hash=item4170ae6cb6
    The vendor is located in Bavaria and it's making a lot of exhaust manifolds. But i don't know anything about the quality of the parts...

Thank you Matthias.
    That one looks exactly like the Chinese made OBX manifold. I'm not sure I believe it is made in Germany...

• Hi Beinet ! Which model are you driving?In case there are 2 different manifold performances for different years of building.

Until 86 i think there was full steel version and after 87 a composite with magnesium. I have the later version and I don´t have any cracks until yet.Maybe you can get one and make it stronger by working out with burner or you take the old version that don´t crack so easy.

best regards :wink:

• Transenlurgi, i have not heard anything about magnesium exhaust manifolds from stock yet. In my opinion it is made of stainless steel, nothing else.

But there may exist two different kinds of manifolds either. In my remembrance, i saw a picture of earlier manifolds that do not have an accordion shaped vibration damper on the cylinder 1 manifold. These later on installed dampers may avoid cracks.

Beinet, what is the manufacturing year of your car? And where are the cracks located, on the cylinder 1 and 4 mani?

Sigh, now i drove my language knowledges to the top. The spell check of my computer is in sheer mutiny.

Greetings form north-western Germany.

Edzard

• many of the old second hand ones are old and cracking.

No problems with the second version you see on the photo, with the element the arrow points to.

I have never seen a cracked one, even 1.series not, probably i'm the lucky one.

From the aftermarket ones i would go for the Lindsey racing, they are well known, although i would buy a used original one for 200eur and spend the rest elsewhere...