Problems with the GT3 (997) Installing seats in the 997/2

• Hello,

I have the following problem,

I bought 2 GT3 seats yesterday (no shells even from the 997) and installed them today,

in the hope that it will be plag & play, but nothing works. I started on the driver's side,

my original seats are with memory, the "new" ones are without memory. I was told that

just Plag & Play, you just have no memory, the yellow plug fits perfectly

only the smaller black plug remains empty.

What can I do, reinstall the old seat and put the GT seat in the living room?:hilferuf:

Thanks in advance

This post has been automatically translated.

Gruß Wilfried

Lieber unanständig jung bleiben, als anständig alt werden. :wink:

997 4 FL 3,6L

• On my GT3 there is only the yellow plug. The black one will then be responsible for memory etc.

Natürlicher Verstand kann fast jeden Grad von Bildung ersetzen, aber keine Bildung den natürlichen Verstand.
    Zitat von Arthur Schopenhauer

• plug in yellow, leave black, and code out the memory seats via piwis...

but what's wrong with the seats? do you have an airbag fault?

• Unfortunately, I can't follow your explanation.

1. which seats do you currently have?
    2. which ones would you like to install?
    3. what doesn't work?

I have the normal seats with memory (driver's side), heating and ventilation in the car: 997/2, 09.2009,

I bought 2 GT3 seats without heating and without fan and without memory, but with many adjustment options,

there is a black box on the original driver's seat where several plugs go in,

one from the original wiring harness, the larger yellow plug coming from the wiring harness fits into the GT3 seat,

the black plug has remained free, none of the control switches show any reaction, with or without ignition.

ignition, the seat on the passenger side has no black box and no 2nd plug from the seat, only the yellow one.

seat, only the yellow one.

Original seat,

the black box, probably for memory,

the GT3 seat......

Function buttons,

Gruß Wilfried

997 4 FL 3,6L

• Your "GT3 seats" are adaptive sports seats and they were only available with driver memory. This is not the reason for the missing function. If there is anything that needs to be reprogrammed, it is the seat heating and ventilation, which are no longer available.

But starting at the beginning, is it guaranteed that the new seats will work and which generation are the seats from (pre-FL or post-FL)?

• Your "GT3 seats" are adaptive sports seats and they were only available with driver memory. This is not the reason for the missing function. If there is anything that needs to be reprogrammed, it is the seat heating and ventilation, which are no longer available.

But starting at the beginning, is it guaranteed that the new seats will work and which generation are the seats from (pre-FL or post-FL)?

These GT3 seats is/are devinitiv no seat with driver memory, both seats are the same underneath and have no black box at the bottom,

I have tested both seats on the passenger side, they work perfectly.

Gruß Wilfried

997 4 FL 3,6L

• So dear colleagues,

Everything works, now that I know how to do it, it was quite simple,

Half dismantled both yellow plugs and found that there was one less red cable in the plug on the driver's side,

then pulled the red cable out of the black plug (driver's side) and plugged it into the yellow plug,

that was all ...

works perfectly,

the tip to check the plug came from the seat seller.

Of course I don't have a seat memory now.

Gruß Wilfried

997 4 FL 3,6L

These GT3 seats is/are devinitiv no seat with driver memory, both seats are the same underneath and have no black box at the bottom,

I have checked both seats on the passenger side, they work perfectly.

Yes, that's right - I only looked in the PET of the normal 997. In the PET of the GT3 it also says that the seat in the GT3 has NO memory. Mea culpa and great that it works now!