Load capacity 16 inch gully cover rim

• Hello, does anyone have a load certificate for 7Jx16 56.0mm and 8Jx16 52.3 Gullideckel rims.
    Wanted to have the rims and tire combination registered at the TÜV today, but the load certificate is missing.
    Nothing is stamped on the rims.
    I would like to change from 225/50 to 225/45 at the front and from 225/50 7J to 245/45 8J at the rear.
    Regards
    Sven

This post has been automatically translated.

• Why do you want to reduce the cross-section at the front? That makes no sense because then you have a smaller rolling circumference at the front than at the rear.

• I thought that the 7J & 8J rims are the same "height" so I wanted to go to 45mm tire height in the front as there are also 45mm in the rear.

928 S3 Bj. 86 4-auto (US) 5.0L-32V M28/44

• 45 is the percentage ratio of width to height. Since you only want to run 225 at the front, you need a 50 cross-section at the front.

• Okay, thanks for the explanation.

• Hello, does anyone have a load certificate for 7Jx16 56.0mm and 8Jx16 52.3 Gullideckel rims.
    Wanted to have the rims and tire combination registered at the TÜV today, but the load certificate is missing.
    Nothing is stamped on the rims.
    I would like to change from 225/50 to 225/45 at the front and from 225/50 7J to 245/45 8J at the rear.
    Regards
    Sven

Hi Sven,

Was the TÜV concerned with the 45 height mentioned, i.e. the wheel/tyre combination, or actually with the pure load capacity of the wider rims?

Is the TÜV not satisfied with the corresponding certificate? If so, I would have to do the same with my 8Jx16 telephone rims.

David

928S -- MJ 84 -- 4,7 M28/21 -- G28/12 -- CH

968 -- MJ 92 -- 3,0 M44/44

924 -- MJ 85 -- 2,0 XK

• It was about the load capacity of the rim and not only about the 8J he also looked at the front 7J, where the load capacity is also not included.
    I asked the dealership and Porsche directly, answer

"Dear Mr. Fischer,

We regret to inform you that we no longer issue "wheel and load capacity certificates" and are therefore unable to process the application you have submitted.

Alternatively, please contact your Porsche partner or commission an expert to carry out an individual approval.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yours sincerely"

I went to another inspection center and they said that it shouldn't be a problem because the PN / material number is stamped on it, that's enough.
    But I haven't gotten an appointment yet.

PS: 8j R16 with 245 and 21mm original track plates fit on the rear without any problems. There's still a good 1cm of clearance when "shifting", the expert was satisfied with that.

• Hello Jörn,

thanks for the link, that is an "old" application

Porsche no longer gives or issues a certificate of roadworthiness.

My dealership stood up for me and I asked Porsche directly-> no chance

Greetings Sven

• Hello, I didn't understand the problem with the load capacity. The rim is approved by the manufacturer for your 928, so the load capacity fits the car. The tire certainly also fits the required load capacity for the car - why does the TÜV inspector need the load capacity of the approved rim? I don't understand....maybe the inspector doesn't match the rim 🤣Greetings Thilo

928 S3 32V 288PS EZ09/87 VIN WP0zzz92zgs841924