Please help regarding headlights 996 Carrera 4 1999

• Hi guys, I urgently need your professional help.

The headlights on my 3.4 Carrera 4 /1999 are just scrap after several restoration attempts by my predecessor. No headlight clinic can help here, they are already cracked in the structure with small cracks - I definitely need new ones (Bosch 996 631 05701 for left, Bosch 996 631 05801 for right).

Xenon

Do you have any idea where I could get these headlights - new - at a reasonably fair price?

Is there a possibility to change from Xenon to LED?, I have no idea, I don't know anything about SW

or are there any alternatives? I don't really want to install used SW, I would prefer new ones.

Thank you in advance for your valuable tips

Best regards from Austria Hubsi:wink:

This post has been automatically translated.

• I recently read here in the forum that the disks are also available separately.

Try using the search function at :S.

• I don't understand why you want to convert from xenon to LED.

The xenon headlamp does a good job with a modern bulb and good reflectors and is legal. You could now convert to halogen and then fit them with LEDs, but then you would have a poorer light pattern and slightly poorer illumination.

Headlights: have you ever thought about comprehensive cover? The partial casco covers glass breakage. Perhaps something can be done about it (without wanting to start a discussion). If you're on good terms with your insurance man, perhaps it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I still have a set of slightly yellowed xenon headlights. Maybe it's really worth sending them to the headlight clinic...

• Hello, many thanks to you!

@: Maggoeoes

I'll do it......thanks

@agepi:

Thanks for the link- very nice headlights-if I want to convert to LED,.what do I have to do? will everything work the same with the plugs? ( plug and play?) or do I have to change something? and the headlight cleaning system I must probably also disable? that would be no problem-what do you think?

teilegott:

thank you for the tips, but I would almost prefer to switch to LED - xenon are great, but the prices for spare parts are crazy - the LED pair is half the price.

Thanks for further tips and answers

Hubsi:wink:

• I would like these........(tip from age pi)

I think they look great-what do you think?

The only question is whether they fit. I have installed the headlight cleaning system (which I don't actually need), which I would then decommission.

Please give me your valued opinions:old:

best regards Hubsi:wink:

• They will fit, I wouldn't worry about that with fvd Brombacher. If necessary, you could send them back. Do they have an E-mark or does it say anything about approval? That would be important to me.

I think the original ones look the best, but I wouldn't let that influence me if I were you. If you like them - go for it! :thumb:

• Thanks to Ben996 for the tip!

I like the originals best too, but I think this is a great alternative.

Let's see what Brombacher has to say, I've just sent them an email.

If there's no problem (conversion to LED / headlight cleaning) I'll order them tomorrow - :thumbsup:best regards Hubsi

• Hello,

are these really LED headlights or headlights with LEDs? I'm asking because I also have these (I don't know if they are the same) headlights in my Boxster 986, but mine were much cheaper.

I ordered mine from Lichter-Profi.com and at first glance they look exactly the same and cost much less....

However, it should be noted that they are LED headlights, which means that the parking lights and indicators are LED, the high and low beams are H1.

However, I am very happy with the headlights, the light output is good and they also look good.

I hope I was able to help.

Greetings Dirk

• Thanks to Ben996 for the tip!

I like the originals best too, but I think this is a great alternative.

Let's see what Brombacher has to say, I've just sent them an email.

If there is no problem (conversion to LED / headlight cleaning) I'll order them tomorrow - :thumbsup:best regards Hubsi

Last year at the PFF meeting in Böblingen there was a 996 convertible with exactly these headlights. I'm pretty sure that they are "street legal". Conversely, it may well be that you can get them cheaper elsewhere. Brombacher is also "only" a reseller. I don't know anything about installation, but it won't be that complicated.

Viele Grüße

Philipp

"Umfahren ist das Gegenteil von umfahren" :old: :old: