How the fan switch works

• Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to understand the electrical function of the blower control, I want/need to replace the slide control with a rotary switch.

As I understand it in the circuit diagram, the blower controller switches the earth through to the blower motor via three cables with or without a series resistor, depending on the position.

Is that correct?

Then it would be no problem to use a switch with 4 positions here. I still have a switch left over from the climate control, which I think would do the job here.

Thanks in advance.

LG
    Bernd

This post has been automatically translated.

911 SC Targa 1979, Tabac Metallic

• Go to Best Answer
  • Should fit:

Greetings Thomas

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• Thank you Thomas.

There is another brown/white cable on the control unit, which comes from the 5-pin plug. It has a flat plug. See picture.

Where does it go? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the ventilation itself.

I can't find it in the wiring diagram for the ventilation unit either.

LG

Bernd

• Is there no one online who knows where the brown/white cable from the control unit plug goes?

There should be something nearby, the cable is not very long.

lars perhaps?

LG
    Bernd

• Ruf CTR Lars can you resolve the question here? In the wiring diagram there is brown/white only in connection with interior lighting and/or this warning light for the seat belt.

• Ruf CTR Lars can you resolve the question here? In the wiring diagram there is brown/white only in connection with interior lighting and/or this warning light for the seat belt.

Ruf CTR CTR Lars - no offense - but I think this is best answered by someone who has already completely stripped and rebuilt or rewired a 911...

Greetings, Thomas

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• New
    • Best Answer

Just found elsewhere:

kosy318
    May 1, 2016 at 2:43 PM

Greetings, Thomas

Ferdinand Porsche

• I think this is the cable that goes to the brake light, i.e. to the warning light. Search there!!!!