Porsche 993 S Replace power window switch

• Hello everyone

I need your help as my trusted garage is currently on vacation. On my 993 S the switch for the elect. The switch for the electric window on the driver's door is mechanically defective (broken off). I have already bought two new switches. Question: I'm not technically stupid, and thought I'd better ask before I start dismantling and break off any plastic noses. Can someone briefly explain to me how to replace the switches. Do I have to remove the interior trim?

Thanks in advance, regards Alfred

This post has been automatically translated.

• The cover can usually stay on. You can see the position of the "locking lugs" on the replacement switch. Use a small screwdriver to carefully press down the "lugs" alternately (top / bottom) and pull the switch out with your fingers. The cables are not very long, so it is a bit of a fiddle to plug them in.

Wenn Du Deinen Traum-11er fährst,ist das Leben.Alles, was davor oder danach passiert,ist nur Warten

• Hello Wolfgang

thanks for the reply - it's great to have a forum like this and extremely fast. I will give it a try.

Greetings Alfred

• Moin,

I would not use a screwdriver. There is a risk of "scratching" the leather. That would be very annoying.

So far I have been able to pull the switches out of the door panel bay with my fingernails (e.g. right hand down, left hand up) on the switch frame. But iso is right, the cables are very short and it's easy to pull them out, but plugging them back in is a bit "fiddly". When inserting, pay attention to what is at the top and bottom of the switch.

k:beach:Beste Grüße
    Matthias

Wenn eine Schraube locker ist, hat das Leben mehr Spiel. :cool2: :headbange k:beach:

• Disconnecting the battery and taking pictures of the disconnected switches for cable assignment helps immensely!!!!

• I was able to do this without disconnecting the battery. The connecting cables are unfortunately a bit short - but still work. When removing the switch that has since been fitted, take care not to accidentally twist it - the position of the connector plug will then provide the correct installation orientation for the new part.

An old bank card, health insurance card or similar could also be helpful as a makeshift lever tool to protect the casing - it is best to use these plastic flat levers if you have them.

MfG wolfi66x

• All that said, it's not rocket science.

The 3mm lugs on the switches usually break off due to age. I have already replaced them several times with 3mm Ms, cleaned the contacts on the occasion, works better than new.

You don't always have to throw everything away, even if a new switch doesn't cost the earth.

• 3mm Ms

Hi there,

what do you mean by "MS"?

Matthias

Wenn eine Schraube locker ist, hat das Leben mehr Spiel. :cool2: :headbange k:beach:

• Hello,

can you buy the brass pins separately?

And what kind of adhesive do you use for Duroplast ?

Matthias