Inspection maintenance costs GT4

• Hello folks

I'm currently thinking about which car to buy.

An important question is of course the maintenance costs, not that I can't afford it but to weigh up which car to buy.

How much does the minor and major inspection of the GT4 cost and what about the brakes?

Do you only change the brake pads or both?

Thanks in advance.

This post has been automatically translated.

• The small/large service costs similar to the Carrera S (you have already asked and received an answer) - experience has shown that it costs approx. 1000-1500€ or 2500-3500€.

The brakes are much more expensive on the GT4 (GT brake system), with steel brakes you can expect to pay around 5000€ for 1x all-round discs + pads + work at the service center.

With PCCB a multiple of this (approx. 30000€), but the supposedly almost indestructible discs are particularly expensive.

981 Cayman GT4 "Biene Maja"
    und Andere... :wink:

• Ok and the set of brake disks holds approx. 2 sets of pads?

• Ok and the set of brake disks lasts about 2 sets of pads?

Yes, something like that (with steel).

981 Cayman GT4 "Biene Maja"
    und Andere... :wink:

• I can't leave it at that.

But as an empirical value across Germany, the direction is certainly correct.

Manthey minor service <1000, major service <2000 (without any additional work, of course).

PCCB all round, however, now 40+; minimum. More like 47. gross.

Set of disks (steel) holds 2 pads and with appropriate pads (Manthey for TÜV / Pagid same pad without / Endless super pad but also without) absolutely performant.

50k for a wear part at a new price of 125k for the whole vehicle remains out of the question even in the year 25(?) after introduction.