Purchasing advice for G-model in Belgium

• Dear colleagues,

my name is Michael and I come from the winding Tyrolean mountains :) After selling my previous Porsche 964 Cabrio and the 991.1 Coupé, I am now looking for a classic 911, preferably one of the late 3.2 with G50 as a Coupé.

While searching the Internet, I came across the following G-model, which has already clocked up quite a few kilometers, but makes a decent impression in the photos.

As I am not a G-model expert, I would be delighted if you could give me a few tips and information on the following car as a first step - as a "remote diagnosis", so to speak:

https://www.british-sportscars…2-g50-full-service-record

I have already looked at the VIN and found nothing unusual. Longer and longer periods without maintenance records, but mileage recorded since 1998 via CarPass in Belgium.

I think the color combination of dark blue + checkered seats is something different than "black-black" :)

So, I'm looking forward to your information about the car and thanks for your tips!

Michael

This post has been automatically translated.

• After selling my previous Porsche 964 Cabrio and the 991.1 Coupé, I am now looking for a classic 911, preferably one of the late 3.2 with G50 as a Coupé.

Hello Michael,

welcome to the PFF 911 G model forum! :blumengruss:

First of all - since you have already owned the more modern 911s and have now sold them - have you ever driven a G model? Because that's something completely different from everything that came later...you should have sat and driven one before you think about buying one...

We've already had a lot of buying advice here, the quickest way to find it is via the search or the list of topics:

https://www.pff.de/wcf/search/…ortOrder=DESC&boardID=143

Greetings, Thomas

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• Hi Michael,

in the absence of meaningful photos, no one will make a reliable statement. Yes, it looks nice, but have a look at a few videos from Yorkshire car restoration on YouTube. They are currently dismantling a red 911 and you can see all the "gammy corners" here. It doesn't necessarily have to look like that, but it can.....

Good luck

John

86er Targa 3.2 US Version Fuchsfelgen 7x15 und 8x15

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

here the link

86er Targa 3.2 US Version Fuchsfelgen 7x15 und 8x15

• Hello Thomas,

Thank you! :wink:

I drove a G-model a few years ago and can vaguely remember that the difference - even compared to the 964 - is enormous. As I drive classic rallies (regularity rallies) as a hobby, I know roughly what I would be getting myself into with the G model ;)

I've already done a good job of combing through the various purchase advice topics here in the forum, but now I'm particularly interested in the specific information on this G-model. As it's a few kilometers from me to Brussels, I'd like to find out in advance whether it would be worth the trip. :)

Regards,

Michael

• Thanks for the link to the restoration of the 911. If today's European Championship games aren't so exciting, I'll watch the episodes on the side! :drive:

Michael

• This one is my absolute favorite, after that EVERYTHING should be clear (okay, it's rather entertaining... k:good:)

Elferjerry
    November 15, 2023 at 8:57 PM

Otherwise, there was this thread about "how much G-model for under 40,000 EUR?" It helped me a lot back then!

996 Turbo WLS Coupé

911 G Targa

Geiler is' schon! (Marius 1983)

"Irgendwann mal" ist jetzt! (Jörg)

• So what I see at a glance. Gap dimensions of trunk lid somehow strange. In my opinion, the NSW are fitted incorrectly. Front tire valve supports missing. Rear tow hook cap missing. Seats not perfectly made. Engine cover doesn't fit perfectly either. Paint looks very deep on the mudguards, i.e. quite thick, as far as you can tell from the pictures. Rubber seals spotty. Steering wheel seam on the left is coming undone. Door opens extremely wide, catch strap ......For the price, the car should be perfect. A solid seller usually also posts photos from below. Gives me the impression of a blender......Sorry

• Hello Michael,

I don't want to accuse the UK of anything, but when I read "Belgium", I can't help but think of this:

https://www.dhk-law.com/intern…chen-deutschland-belgien/

With such a sum, you should also take a very close look in this regard and the seller should also be able to credibly and completely prove/prove the history and also agree to a police check of the VIN and other numbers (engine & gearbox). He should also be able to agree to a police check of the VIN and other numbers (engine & gearbox) or be able to present the Porsche "birth certificate" for the car. If he is unable or unwilling to do this, the "alarm" is sounded. In addition, the registered VIN should not reveal any manipulation...

Greetings, Thomas

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

Edited 2 times, last by Schulisco (July 1, 2024 at 7:54 PM).

• And the weighted prospective buyer should take a close look at the rubber ring around the speedometer.......