TÜV report " Oil damp" Cayman S 987.2

• Hello dear community,

Last week my Cayman S 987.2 ran approx. 155,000 km and had its TÜV inspection.

The TÜV inspector noted "wet oil" in the engine compartment. He told me that there was a smear of oil and that he couldn't tell whether it was oil or dirt mixed with oil. There are no drops of oil and no stains on the floor. Nor do I notice any loss according to the oil gauge.

Do your Caymans look similar in the engine compartment or have you had similar experiences? I have also read that a little "sweating" could be normal with some Porsche models.

Perhaps you can also give me some tips on what could be the cause and what I could use to clean it for observation purposes.

Thank you very much

This post has been automatically translated.

• Your inspector has only seen the engine compartment from below and at 155,000 km the engine can sweat a little. The question is where exactly the sweating point is. That's why you should check underneath yourself before the test to see if everything is clean and, if necessary, help with brake cleaner. This way you can see where the oil is coming from after a ride.

Greetings

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking:

• I had the same problem. In my case it was the heat exchanger/oil cooler.

1000€ for part and labor.

Auf der Suche nach einem 997 MK2 :)

• Why don't you take a photo and post it here?

Sweating due to leakage at the crankshaft oil seal is nothing unusual given the mileage. Has the car already been fitted with a new clutch?

Boxster S 2008
    Carrera GT3 2006