Legal exhaust manifold in the Cayman S

• Hello and good afternoon everyone!

Unfortunately, I find the sound of my Cayman a bit too good or too "inconspicuous" and would like to change this.

I have a 987.1 S and the exhaust has already been slightly "modified" and I can't say exactly what has been done, but it's not brutally loud 8o... it still keeps the 99dB in the certificate, now I've come across fan manifolds from Friedrich Motorsport with a parts certificate. https://www.fms-onlineshop.de/…e-Cayman-inkl.-S/PO-FK987

This eliminates the need for a catalytic converter, so it's still legal, right?

Has anyone fitted this and can tell me what it sounds like?

And do you think it will still pass the test despite the modified exhaust? :D

Many thanks :)

This post has been automatically translated.

• You won't pass the emissions test with the manifold set without the catalytic converter. You need at least a 200 cell cat in the manifold.

Boxster S 2008
    Carrera GT3 2006

• Although they have a certificate and can be registered? The car has additional catalytic converters in the ESD... aren't they enough? At least that's what I read in another article

• You will not pass an emissions test with the manifold set without the catalytic converter. You need at least a 200 cell catalytic converter in the manifold.

Although they have a certificate and can be registered? The car has additional catalytic converters in the ESD... aren't they enough? At least that's what I read in another article

The rear catalytic converters are only aftercats, they are not sufficient for the exhaust values, the filtrate is much too short for that. Anyone who claims to get a registration with decated manifolds is simply lying.

In addition, the 987.1 has four lambda probes, where do you want to fit them before and after the catalytic converter?

What does the certificate say?

Boxster S 2008
    Carrera GT3 2006

• olawo Sorry for the late reply, I have a lot on my plate at the moment.

I'll write an email to the company to see what they have to say about it and for an expert opinion.

Do you have any suggestions for me as to what I could change on the exhaust? I just wouldn't want to buy a 2,000€ manifold =O

• olawo Sorry for the late reply, I have a lot on my plate at the moment.

I'll write an email to the company to see what they have to say about it and for an expert opinion.

Do you have any suggestions for me as to what I could change on the exhaust? I just wouldn't want to buy a 2,000€ manifold =O

There's nothing there. You can't get a manifold with catalytic converter for less than €2,000.

Boxster S 2008
    Carrera GT3 2006