• Hi everyone,

I'm currently thinking about getting a used Taycan. It would be my first Porsche.

Now I've read that the brakes have to be replaced after 6 years or after a certain number of kilometers. So with a 3 year old Taycan, they'll be due in about 3 years. Unfortunately, I can't put a price on this. Would the replacement of a Stabdard brake (pads) on the Taycan be around 1000 or closer to 10,000? If the latter, I'd probably prefer the Audi GT :saint:. Thank you

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hi,

This is a question that you can also ask a service center directly, because they have to do it. Especially if you value the Porsche warranty.

You know that a Porsche is a bit more expensive - but thinking about an Audi GT right away? I can't really imagine that it would be so much cheaper.

• Then you have read incorrectly. The brake pads have to be replaced after six years. This costs around €690 net for parts at Porsche.

• Audi is significantly more expensive for more specialized vehicles! more expensive than Audi, as we painfully discovered with the R8.

Brakes:
    I can't imagine that they wear out so quickly. Mine are like new, if you drive well you almost only recuperate.
    Price depends. PCCB and PSCB are expensive, the "normal" steel discs are cheap.

• Brakes:
    I can't imagine that they would wear out so quickly. Mine are like new, if you drive well you almost only recuperate.

It's not about wear and tear, but about age-related replacement, which is prescribed by the manufacturer after just these 6 years after initial registration.

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordwesten,
    Torsten
    -----------------------------------------

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”
    (Saint Augustine)

• Wow, with stories like this they are now compensating for the dwindling number of workshop visits, now you have to replace brake pads due to age! A rogue who thinks evil.

I'd like to see a technically sound explanation...

Brake pads are also changed on electric cars when they are worn and not because they are 6 years old! What comes next? Oh yes, you could bring up the expiration date of the airbags again...

Greetings

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking:

• As an employee of the VW Group, I can only tell you that the Taycan is a much more robust car than the e-tron GT ;)

• As the previous writers have already reported, it is the brake pads. Depending on the brake system, you should expect total costs of around 1000 (steel) to 3000 (PCCB).

PZ will be able to give you the current exact prices.

Whether this is actually due depends on whether you have an approved warranty and on the attitude of your PZ.
    There are still no practical examples due to the lack of a 6-year-old Taycan.

• Whether this is actually due depends on whether you have an approved warranty

Never! Brakes are wearing parts and are generally not covered by the Approved Warranty. I've been through this myself, as a single disc on the PSCB had abnormal wear (extensive flaking of the coating on both sides). A material/coating defect was categorically ruled out and referred to a wear part!

This is a different case, because if the manufacturer stipulates that the pads must be replaced after 6 years, there is no basis for discussion.

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordwesten,
    Torsten
    -----------------------------------------

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”
    (Saint Augustine)

• I was told that brake pads age and can tend to reduce performance if they are not used enough due to glazing. That's why replacement is mandatory if they are not worn out beforehand.

I don't see that as a drama. They didn't last 6 years on my daily burners either.

And with hybrids, they glazed over quickly, often after just 2 years, which usually affected the brake discs as a result... and then it got expensive.