Vapor/mist cloud due to ventilation

• I had a small problem with my 2008 997 yesterday

I drove home, about 80 km on the highway with the air conditioning on, it cooled normally.

Then another 10 km on a country road, with the engine on and the air conditioning off.

Outside the garage, I switched to Auto and the air conditioning came back on. At that moment, a huge cloud of steam/mist came through the ventilation. I felt like I was part of the movie How High ;(

When the car was off and I got out, I heard a loud hiss at the front that got quieter over time, coming from the left side. More towards the windshield than from the front near the radiator.

After a few hours, after everything was cold again, I removed the battery cover and could see green oily liquid on the left side, no cap were loud drops. That should be fluid from the air conditioning.

Do you have any idea what has happened and where the fluid could have leaked from?

This post has been automatically translated.

• The green fluid is the contrast agent from the air conditioning system.

Either the front connection or a seal will have burst, so it shouldn't be too much trouble

Das Leben ist schön !!!

Gruss Ralle

• I first suspected the two valves (with the black cap), but it doesn't seem to have come out there.

• Have you already cleaned everything?

Because it doesn't look like it was/is leaking there.

You'll have to take it to the "air conditioning shop", they'll get it out pretty quickly, it could be the seal on the flange where the pipes are screwed together, but you should be able to see that if so much has come out.

The cause is also important, as there is usually a reason why something like this happens. The pressure switch may be faulty, causing excess pressure in the system and then it has to come out somewhere, as the system may generate quite high pressures

Das Leben ist schön !!!

Gruss Ralle

• yes exactly I had already cleaned it before the photo

I marked this here

The big circle, here was most of the liquid

The small dots, here were isolated splashes

The two Xs, here at the connections it was completely dry

At the valve with the arrow, because of the splashes and the place where most of the liquid was, I actually thought it had come out of the hole.

• The fluid has come through the pressure sensor. It's easy enough to replace. I have an appointment to fill the air conditioning on Friday