Parking light does not work

• Hello,

I'm new to PFF and hope I'm in the right section. I've searched everywhere but haven't found a solution to my problem.
    I have recently discovered that my parking lights and position lights are not working. Both front and rear on both sides. I had a look and found that it was probably the rotary light switch. Seemed plausible to me, so I bought a new switch and fitted it. After that, unfortunately everything as before. Low beam and fog lights work, everything else doesn't. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
    Best regards and many thanks in advance,

Michael

This post has been automatically translated.

• It may sound trivial, but the bulbs are ok? I went through the same game only to find that all four parking light bulbs were faulty.

• Position lights

The rear lights or those little US sidemarkers?

And next time, before you buy new parts, measure, check and isolate faults. It saves a lot of money and you always learn something.

Greetings

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking:

• Many thanks for the answers. Of course, I had also thought that the bulbs could be broken. But somehow I thought it unlikely that all 4 were broken at the same time. But apparently it does happen 🤪

As the cost of replacing them is manageable, I'll just replace them.

• Just check the bulbs for continuity and the plugs for voltage, then you'll know whether you need to replace the bulbs or not, or whether you should check the fuses.

Greetings

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking:

• US model which is not recoded correctly...just a guess....

• Does the license plate illumination light up?