After 15 years I became sensible and simply bought a Porsche

• Dear Porsche community,

After 15 years of intense passion for tuning, I have made a decision that will come as no surprise to any of you here: I've bought myself a Porsche. To be more precise, a 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabrio. But let me start from the beginning.

The journey of a tuner

It all started with my trusty Mitsubishi Eclipse. My goal was clearly defined: to be faster than a Porsche. Over the past 15 years, I have invested countless hours in modifying and improving my Eclipse. I have modified every screw, every part, every detail myself. Engine, gearbox, body parts - I have left nothing out. I designed many parts myself, produced them in a 3D printer or had them CNC-milled. I also programmed the software for the engine control unit myself.

Adventures and challenges

I have experienced incredible adventures with my tuned Eclipse: breathtaking drives across the Alps, numerous visits to the Nordschleife, speeds of over 300 km/h on the highway and exciting days on various racetracks. Of course, there were also numerous breakdowns and challenges, which I overcame time and again.

On the racetrack, I could easily keep up with a 996 GT3. Not bad for my 30-year-old and self-developed car. These experiences showed me how far you can get with dedication and technical know-how. Despite the fact that my career takes me in a different direction.

The turning point

As I got older, however, my perspective changed. My willingness to continue investing large sums of money in my Mitsubishi Eclipse dwindled. When a collector finally made me a fair offer for my Eclipse, that was the turning point. It was time to take a new direction. This weekend, the collector is coming to pick up my car.

The decision to buy a Porsche

After years of trying to be faster than a Porsche and annoying Porsche drivers with a Mitsubishi, I decided to take up the challenge and drive one myself. I fell in love with a 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabrio. The equipment, the color combination and the low mileage convinced me immediately. It was love at first sight and I couldn't resist. My wife loves the carmine red and my five-year-old son finds a comfortable place in the back seat, dreams of his first Porsche and is busy filling his piggy bank. I was actually looking for a GT3, as my whole family has been infected by the Porsche myth and we now all have fun in it together, which is worth more than chasing new best times on the racetrack. When Junior is too big for the back seat, I can well imagine switching to a GT3.

A new chapter

Now that I'm the proud owner of this wonderful vehicle, I'm looking forward to experiencing new adventures and sharing my experiences with you. Moving from tuning an Eclipse to a Porsche is a big chapter in my automotive journey, and I'm excited to see where it will take me.

I'm looking forward to exciting discussions, meetings and maybe even shared drives with you.

With best regards, Marcel

This post has been automatically translated.

• When a collector finally made me a fair offer for my Eclipse, that was the turning point.

Congratulations on the GTS:thumbup-alternative:

But who on earth collects a tuned Mitsubishi Eclipse??? :/

Aktuell:

992 GT3

991.2 Carrera T

991.1 4S Cabrio

997.2 GT3

964 Outlaw

911 Outlaw

911 1967 SWB

356 Outlaw

• Congratulations, great car.

Be careful with the water pump and the superchargers, if necessary you can repair them yourself.

These are just the weak points, hopefully you found one without OPF.....

Great color LG Martin

PS: Valve block and oil separator are also susceptible!

87er Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2, 991.2 4S Coupé Mod. 2017, 92er Porsche 968 Coupe, Jeep Wrangler JK.

• Congratulations

Great car and lots of fun

I have also modified my sl55amg for 10 years and have now ended up with the 991.1 4s convertible which I am also currently adapting to my needs

Greetings from Wiesbaden stefan

• Congratulations, great car.

Be careful with the water pump and the superchargers, if necessary you can repair them yourself.

Great color LG Martin

You and the Otto filter §-)

It's probably still haunting you in your sleep :str: :B :eek: ]:-) :]) :]) :]) :wink:

Fuchsig congratulations. When is your GTS from? The filter probably came after the factory vacation in August '18 for the 2019 model year

Ciao Stefan

Möge der Grip mit dir sein!

• When a collector finally made me a fair offer for my Eclipse, that was the turning point.

Congratulations on the GTS:thumbup-alternative:

But who on earth collects a tuned Mitsubishi Eclipse??? :/

He has ~10 of them in original condition, all US imports, as convertibles or coupes with all-wheel drive.

Now he has a fast one with all-wheel drive and ~500hp, two limited slip differentials, KW v3, 3° camber, water-ethanol injection and much more. It's a fun car and nobody expects it.

Congratulations, great car.

Be careful with the water pump and the superchargers, you can repair them yourself if necessary.

Great color LG Martin

I have Approved, I will always extend it nicely, I think.

It has no OPF. Production 07/18 EZ: 08/18.

I have read here in the forum, PZs are not allowed to sell a car with Approved and 6 year old tires, is that true? My tires are from 2018. Had wanted to negotiate new ones, but it went wrong.

I still have to have the axle measured. During the test drive, the steering wheel was crooked, I "...negotiated..." a track measurement, I think it's even more crooked now. They were definitely there, you can see marks on the lock nuts. Thanks to the forum, I'm not disappointed with the PZ, I knew beforehand that I shouldn't expect better quality at Porsche than at any other dealership.

Because of the four-wheel steering I can't measure it myself, I'm thinking of having it done by Wolgang Weber or 9ff.

KM at purchase 13300, now 15400:drive:

• Well then, with approbed, there's nothing left to modify and screw 😉

• Fuchsig Wolfgang Weber doesn't do much anymore, a colleague from Regensburg recently told me.

Mittfünfziger und gerade dabei, so langsam das Leben zu entschleunigen :) :)

• Well then with approbed there's no more modifying and screwing 😉

I currently think the car is perfect and see little potential for improvement apart from a KW suspension and a little more camber. At the moment I'm done with the subject.