Disconnect battery.....

• Hi guys, I have removed the battery for charging, do I have to pay attention to anything else apart from the radio code when installing? e.g. programming the power windows etc.?

Thank you in advance for your valued answers (996 C4 99)

L.G Hubsi:thumb:

This post has been automatically translated.

• Learning the power windows and radio is everything.

Greetings

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking:

• Thank you very much for the quick feedback!

Thank you very much! Lg.Hubsi

• You also have to set the time and date :roargh:

For all those with a navigation system, there is probably also a certain orientation phase for the GPS, otherwise you don't have to do anything. Even the sunroof has a memory.

• You also have to set the time and date :roargh:

My two 9X6s have no date, only the time.

Greetings

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking:

• Even though I'm coming off as pretty clueless here, the last two times I installed a new battery, I never did anything like programming the power windows - it wouldn't even have occurred to me that I needed to do that.

Of the typical things mentioned here, it was of course setting the clock, entering the radio code, and at some point I discovered by chance that the clock (or the date? I don't use it very often) had to be set.

Of course, I hope that this won't happen to me again with my current procedure with the "charging diary", that it is completely empty, just getting to it always gives me a queasy feeling at first as to whether it (still) works...

Ich "porschippe" jetzt.

Seit 09/2018: 911 (996) Targa (3596 cm3, EZ 06/2002) - Rufname "Schorpe"

(später dann "Georg Peter" als Pseudo-Klarname aus gängigen Spitznamen - "Schorsch Peter" - "rekonstruiert" :]))

"My other car is a Volkswagen"

(der "Golf im Schafspelz": IVer R32, seit 12/2005, EZ 01/2003)

#driveresponsibly

• Thank you for your appreciated posts!

L.G Hubsi:wink:

• of course, you don't have to do anything else if you connect a "powerbank" to the obd2 connection, for example. 🤩

• Porschipper

The power windows work immediately, of course. Only the automatic raising and lowering must be taught in again.

So if you just press the switch briefly, it moves all the way down/up.

• It probably depends, with my VFL model you don't have to enter or program anything apart from the radio code, it does everything as it did before removal. Once the PCM1 wanted the sat nav code, but I had completely removed it. I don't know if I have a date for the navigation system ?:-( but I'll have a look :wink:

So from my point of view, relax, load, install, enter the code and drive. :drive: