Cooling water leaking, but no fault found

• Hi, I was on the road yesterday for 30 minutes, then I noticed that I was losing a lot of coolant when the car was stationary, so I drove straight home again.

Today I looked for the cause but couldn't find any, I filled up with new fluid and let the engine run and then drove the car for 1.5 hours and nothing happened, no more coolant is coming out anywhere.

The only thing I could find was that the cap where the fluid comes in was not very tight or very easy to close, but this means that not so much fluid runs out and the cap is also very high up.

Maybe one of you has an idea what happened there.

LG Mathis

This post has been automatically translated.

• Moin the cooling system builds up approx. 1 bar pressure and if the seal is porous it presses through into the drain hose. Was it partly warmer or hotter yesterday?

Did you bleed the air again after refilling the X liters?

Greetings

• Yesterday was permanently at standard temperature.

I added about 1 - 1.5 liters earlier and then put the lid back on.

But if the seal is porous then something should have leaked out earlier, right?

• Do not think that the cover is defective. Unfortunately, such heavy water loss is more likely to indicate a defective head gasket if all the hoses are otherwise in order.

• Do not think that the cover is defective. Unfortunately, such heavy water loss is more likely to indicate a defective head gasket if all the hoses are otherwise in order.

Mhh would be stupid if it's the head gasket🤔.

I checked the hoses visually and by touch to see if anything was damp, but it wasn't.

Just find it strange that yesterday so much came out with the same driving behavior as today and today nothing came out although I drove much longer.

• Hi there,

Where did it come out yesterday?

Front left, right, center...

• Hi there,

Where did it come out yesterday?

Front left, right, center...

I think from the front right, by the water pump... But it's impossible to say exactly because it dripped onto the stabilizer bar by the axle and from there all the way down, when I removed the underbody protection you could only see the remains on the bar

• Press off the cooling system, then you can see where it comes out.

Or have it pressed off in a workshop....

• Press off the cooling system, then you can see where it comes out.

Or have it pressed off in a workshop....

yes, press it properly, with a lot of pressure, so that the radiator also leaks :kyippie:

Attention irony!

Beste Grüße - reidiekl (mit Betonung auf der ersten Silbe :-))

* Lächle und sei froh, es könnte schlimmer kommen. Ich lächelte und war froh ... und es kam schlimmer! *
    * Alles wird am Ende gut - ist es noch nicht gut, ist es noch nicht das Ende! *

• Apply 1 bar pressure to the cooling system and leave it to stand. You will notice if it loses pressure after 1 hour.

Then check where what is coming out

Radiator, heat exchanger, hose, water pump.

And if the pressure drops without you seeing anything, it could also be the head gasket, but usually the radiator, heater and hose.