997 Turbo from 2007 - water on side window

• Hello,

As an infrequent driver, I drove my Turbo (2007) through a car wash again after ages. I noticed later that the inside of the windshield on the driver's side was completely wet after driving up and down.

The garage checked the drains and said they were all clear. Do you have any ideas?

Many thanks, Christian

This post has been automatically translated.

Aktuell in der Garage:

911 Turbo, 911 Cabrio, Cayman GT4, Cayenne, Cayenne GTS

• Hello,

As an infrequent driver, I drove my Turbo (2007) through a car wash again after ages. I noticed later that the inside of the windshield on the driver's side was completely wet after driving up and down.

The garage checked the drains and said they were all clear. Do you have any ideas?

Thank you very much, Christian

First I would change the workshop, the problem is solved in an hour, check or replace the door rubbers and readjust the contact pressure and position of the windshield

• Top, many thanks for the answer and I'll report back if successfully completed. Or not :)

Aktuell in der Garage:

911 Turbo, 911 Cabrio, Cayman GT4, Cayenne, Cayenne GTS

• The windshield was dry before driving down and was only wet on the inside afterwards? I don't know how that is supposed to work. If so, the water must have already run down the inside of the window when it was washed. This usually happens if the windows have not been taught in correctly again after a loss of power or one of the microswitches on the door has given up the ghost. Does the window lower cleanly when the door handles are operated?

Boxster S 2008
    Carrera GT3 2006