Horn on the 356 C

• Hello everyone.

Recently the horn in my 356 C stopped working.

The black cover on the horn button can be easily removed. Normally there should be a contact pin in the middle.

It is not there. However, I can't imagine how it could have been lost.
    Is it worth ordering just the contact pin or is there more to be done?
    Thanks for any tips

Greetings pcw-wz

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hello!
    The contact pin has a spring inside. The pin tends to break, so it is actually possible that it has come off in parts. I would order a new contact pin and rubber cuff and reassemble everything.

Best regards Ingo

• Hello Ingo,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

It was indeed the case that the rubber had pretty much disintegrated. I couldn't find a spring or pin in the hole, but I poked around with tweezers but nothing came up. Now the horn suddenly works again for whatever reason

The rubber has actually dissolved quite a bit. However, I couldn't find a spring or pin in the hole. I poked around with tweezers but nothing came out. Now the horn suddenly works again for whatever reason

On this occasion, however, I have a question, as I would like to replace the steering wheel with a Nardi steering wheel soon

How do I loosen it? The three nuts that appear after removing the group cap cannot be loosened.

How do I undo this? The three nuts that appear after removing the group cap cannot be loosened.

Many thanks for a quick message.
    Best regards.
    Peter Best regards.
    Peter
    PCW-wz

• If it still looks like the one in the picture, you have not yet reached the rubber.

The black thing with the three lugs is "unclipped" in an anticlockwise direction. Hold the steering wheel firmly.

It is described here in #3 (even if the horn button looks different), and the tip in #6 is also good ...

my912
    October 3, 2016 at 2:10 PM

• Hello Ingo

Yes, I've got further now

Thank you.

Cleaned everything, sanded a bit

reassembled and diege since it works

Ochmsls

Thanks a lot

Peter

PCW-wz