CarPlay with wireless adapter does not work

• Hello everyone,

I bought a Volam CarPlay wireless adapter for my Spyder but somehow it doesn't want to work in the Porsche.

The device is not defective as it works perfectly in my Audi A6. In the Porsche I get the message whether I want to use my iPhone as Ipod or CarPlay, as soon as I press CarPlay it doesn't connect and a few seconds later the same message appears again. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone have another adapter in use that they can recommend?

Thanks for your help

https://amzn.to/3RCQ00r [ad]

This post has been automatically translated.

Die letzte Stimme, die wir hören werden, bevor die Welt explodiert, wird die eines Experten sein, der sagt: "Das ist technisch unmöglich!"

-Sir Peter Ustinov-

• Hello, I agree with boborola...carlink is really great. I finally have android auto via the carplay interface and it's wireless too. I never even dreamed that this would one day be possible.

• Stupid question because I can't remember: where do I plug it in? In the armrest or in the glove compartment?

the usb connection for CaePlay is in the center armrest

Die letzte Stimme, die wir hören werden, bevor die Welt explodiert, wird die eines Experten sein, der sagt: "Das ist technisch unmöglich!"

-Sir Peter Ustinov-

• Hello, I agree with boborola...carlink is really great. I finally have android auto via the carplay interface and it's wireless too. I never even dreamed that this would one day be possible.

Attention:

Android Auto in conjunction with Carlinkit only works with Carlinkit 4, not with Carlinkit 5. Only v4 has the necessary emulation layer. I wrote about this in another thread some time ago. But it really works perfectly with v4.

• I can only agree with you here.....with the carlinkit v4, Android Auto is finally running in my Boxster and without any problems 🤗

914/4 71 rot-metallic vk
    914/4 72 schwarz vk
    944 I 82 indischrot vk
    944 II 87 Alpinweiß vk
    944 II 86 Rauchsilber vk
    986 2.7 99 Schwarz vk
    986S 3.2 00 Indischrot vk
    986 2.7 04 Graphitgrau vk
    996 Cabrio 3.4 01 Arktissilber vk
    987S 3.2 05 Indischrot vk

• Hello,

I use the CarlinKit 5.0 adapter in the GT4 for the iPhone.
    It connects quickly and works very reliably. I have never had any connection problems or disconnections, even when driving for hours.
    The adapter uses a WLAN connection with APPLE/CarPlay which makes it much more reliable than Bluetooth.8:-)

Regards
    Jörg ( Beaver )

Computer sind auch nur Menschen:rf:k:facepalm:8)

• WLan is also used with Android Auto. With v4 and v5. The special thing about v4 is that you can use it to get Android Auto on the (for whatever reason) Carplay-only PCM from Porsche.

• WLan is also used with Android Auto. With v4 and v5. The special thing about v4 is that you can use it to get Android Auto on the Porsche CarPlay-only PCM (for whatever reason).

The fact that versions 4.0 and 5.0 have different functions is correct and with 4.0 you can actually connect Android phones to CarPlay.
    Unfortunately, you often read that there are connection problems with version 4.0 or that some things don't always work reliably.
    That's why I got version 5.0 because I only use iOS devices anyway. 8:-)

left version 5.0 / right version 4.0

Computer sind auch nur Menschen:rf:k:facepalm:8)