• Hello forum.

First of all I am thrilled how active this forum is. Thumb up!

I am currently completing a G model Targa from 74 with the 2.7 l engine.

I am currently checking the wiring harness. I found a white/green cable with a Y cable lug behind the fresh air blower box. Unfortunately I can't identify it.

I have no connection to ground here.
    Also no terminal 15 or 30.

Unfortunately, my wiring diagram is not very complete.

I hope someone can give me a tip.

Best regards from Kiel. :)

This post has been automatically translated.

• Which car, year of manufacture?

Wiring diagrams: click and click

Greetings, Thomas

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• Hi Thomas. Thanks for the quick reply.

Year of manufacture 1974 Porsche 911 G model Targa

• Off the top of my head, I can't say where the cable goes either. The color coding suggests an original cable, but the cable lug was definitely not standard. Does the car have the antenna on the right in the fender? Was or is an engine antenna installed there? Then that would be my best guess. Otherwise, I had to look through the wiring diagrams myself. The colors are mentioned there.

The question is: What electrical equipment was or is installed in the front end that was either previously standard or was retrofitted? That could be:

• Antenna amplifier
    • Audio amplifier
    • Engine aerial
    • Alarm system (retrofitted)
    • Oil cooler fan

According to this link, it could also come from the interior auxiliary blower, but these were only installed in the Carrera (footwell blower), early 911s did not yet have this:

https://www.pff.de/wcf/attachm…01-kabelfarben151206-pdf/

You just have to find out where the cable goes...

Greetings, Thomas

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• Hello,

I could well imagine that the cable leads into the engine compartment.

Either for the rear window heater or rear fog light. Check it out!

Beste Grüße, Wolfgang

71 2,2S · 911.02 · 915.02

73 2,4TE · 911.51 · 915.02

83 3,0SC · 930.16 · 915.63

• Hello everyone.

Thank you for your contributions.
    I was hoping that this would be installed on every model ;)

It has the aerial on the left.

I'll get to work and search through the linked wiring diagrams.

Thanks again :)

• It has the aerial on the left.

So it can be extended manually. No motorized antenna. That would be on the right.

Ferdinand Porsche