Trunk light without function: As is the case if no cables are connected or present

• Hi everyone,

I did a few electrical issues on my G today and then devoted myself to a little thing like the trunk light. I unscrewed it and it quickly became clear why nothing is lit here: The socket is not connected and there aren't even any cables in the trunk lid that could be connected. One of the predecessors must have done some "weight optimization" :])

Hence the question of where the required cables normally come from and how they are routed from the trunk into the lid? Perhaps someone has a meaningful photo?

Best regards, Daniel

This post has been automatically translated.

Viele Grüße, Daniel (der schon mal für einige Jahre im PFF war und nun einen neuen Account hat)

• I can't provide a photo at the moment. But it's just a cable...from the 82 wiring diagram:

T10 is in the trunk, probably at the fuse box:

See also the wiring diagram from 3.2

http://www.911c1.de/porsche/Sc…plaene1-10_carrera_32.pdf

Pictures and more information can be found here, for example:

https://forums.pelicanparts.co…t-light-alarm-switch.html

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• Hello,

if you can't find the cable, get the power from the rear light

Air-cooled greetings

Bernd

911 SC, 9/78, RdW Coupe, Schiebedach, Leder, Sportsitze, Turbolook, RSR Felgen 9 u. 11 J x 15"

• Hello,

if you can't find the cable, get the power from the rear light

Air-cooled greetings

Bernd

From the tail light outlet in the fuse box? Or run the cable from the rear through the whole car to the front?

The trunk lighting also works without the (rear) light being switched on. Could it be that you mean the engine compartment lighting?

That would fit.

LG

Anselm

1985er Carrera 3.2 Coupe, RDW

• On mine, this is powered by the glove compartment lighting.

Greetings Marios

911 Carrera Targa 3,2 US-Modell 1985
    Motor 930/21, Getriebe 915/68 -12-

• Hello Anselm,

sorry, freudian slip, you should read better.

Air-cooled greetings

Bernd

911 SC, 9/78, RdW Coupe, Schiebedach, Leder, Sportsitze, Turbolook, RSR Felgen 9 u. 11 J x 15"

• Oh yes, Freud always plays little tricks on us :)

Have a nice WE

Anselm

1985er Carrera 3.2 Coupe, RDW

• Great, thanks, I'll take a look!

Viele Grüße, Daniel (der schon mal für einige Jahre im PFF war und nun einen neuen Account hat)

• It's just a simple continuous positive cable. Don't forget the earth cable. The contact switch is screwed directly next to the light.

Wenn Du Deinen Traum-11er fährst,ist das Leben.Alles, was davor oder danach passiert,ist nur Warten

• It's just a simple continuous positive cable.

Yes, but please behind a fuse :old:

Don't forget the earth cable

Body?!?

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche