Suitability for everyday use GT3

• I've noticed that the question of how suitable a current GT3 (992) is for everyday use keeps coming up in various threads.

As it doesn't really fit into the respective topics and it's difficult to find the information, the question comes up again and again. Hence this extra thread where the everyday suitability of the GT3 can be discussed.

What about the suitability for everyday use? Also via PN. I'm planning to do the same. 992 4S versus 992 GT3.

Of course, this is always very subjective. Hence my very personal opinion on this question:

After > 30,000 km of GT3, I can say for myself that it is completely out of the question for me in everyday life and I also rarely use the GT3 on country roads.

Yes, every now and then I feel like driving it. When the weather is nice, I take the car out of the garage, warm up the engine and speed around for 1-1.5 hours. I enjoy the direct steering, the snappy response and the unfiltered driving experience. Then I put the car back in the garage and it's good to go again for a few weeks.

Its main purpose is the race track and the journey to the race track. The GT3 is indescribably fun on a closed track. This is where you can make the most of the concept. Other cars are better for country roads and everyday driving, which is why I wouldn't buy a GT3 just for this purpose. But opinions differ here.

This post has been automatically translated.

Der eine Gedanke der aus einem Werk ein Opus macht

• Everyday suitability is great, even with shells. You also have no problems with the GPS lift. You still have a trunk and a large storage compartment behind the seats. The GT3/RS currently has the most emotions in the 11-series range. ASR module should be on board.

• The main aim is to give other users an idea of what they can expect from a GT3 and to help them make a purchase decision.

I am aware that ultimately everyone has to decide for themselves and know what they enjoy. Here you can collect the different driving profiles and purposes of GT3 owners and read up on them if you are looking for information.

• Assessments are often "purely subjective"

I think it starts with how you define "everyday life"

There are clearly situations in which I would be fine with the GT3 in everyday life. But it would just be too impractical for me in the long run

• Of course.

That's exactly why I thought an extra thread where you can ask the drivers and owners and discuss the topic in general wouldn't be a bad idea.:)

• Of course.

That's exactly why I thought an extra thread where you can ask the drivers and owners and discuss the topic in general wouldn't be a bad idea.:)

Ok

For me, the GT3 is only suitable for everyday use to a limited extent

It is not suitable for me as a pure everyday car

• Thanks for the information. As you mentioned, the day-to-day situation is different for everyone and purely subjective.

I always compare it to my road trip through Europe in 1992 with my 1952 Harley in a rigid frame. Of course it would have been easier and above all more comfortable to ride a new Harley, but the emotions on that trip were incredible.

I recently drove from Frankfurt to Munich with a friend in a GT3 RS for the handover. The 3 hours on the highway or at the rest stops were worth giving up the comfort.

This has never happened to me in my 4S.

PS. And since I still have a 992 4S as my everyday car, I wouldn't use the GT3 for daily shopping either, but only for the Alps or other trips.

• Personally, a Porsche GT would be too annoying for me in everyday life and as my only vehicle.

It's low, it's very easy to sit on, it's not drivable in winter when there's a lot of snow on the road, it's uncomfortable to get in and out with bucket seats, you can't get in at car washes, you're afraid that the vehicle will be damaged depending on where you park, you can only take one person with you, it has a small trunk, it's loud, it has hard suspension, etc.

Conclusion for me: suitable for everyday useNO

• That's right. As my only vehicle, it would also be too good for me. When I consider that I drove more than 20t km in 1 year with my current 4S, the GT3 would be too good for me.

But as a second car for the weekend, it can always be used and is also suitable for everyday use.

It just depends on how you define everyday life. If I worked and had to drive 80 km to work every day, I wouldn't use it.

The GT3 is a pure luxury item, you don't need it but it's a lot of fun to own one.

Greetings Peter