Please help CDR 23 no longer works or only works sporadically

• Dear fans!

For a few days now, the CDR 23 in my 987 S 2005 has been acting up. Sometimes everything works perfectly - then I can adjust the radio stations - but it shows the wrong station in the display - then the buttons don't work at all - display is black - radio works but you can't adjust the volume??! After restarting the car everything works again - but sometimes not!??!!

Does anyone have any tips for me?

Can I swap the CDR 23 for another used one or do I need any codes to get it working again - I would like to keep the originality somehow ...

THANKS for your feedback - OliB

This post has been automatically translated.

• Of course I meant the CDR 24 - in the meantime I have read up a bit and decided not to put in an original used one that will be defective again in 2 years. Does anyone have a recommendation for an aftermarket solution with sat nav? I don't have Bose or a CD changer - but I do have the Sound Package Plus ...

It doesn't have to be the PCCM Plus - I don't have an i-Phone either - I would be grateful for any tips on which device would be recommended!

LG OliB

• Dear fans!

For a few days now, the CDR 23 in my 987 S 2005 has been acting up. Sometimes everything works perfectly - then I can adjust the radio stations - but it shows the wrong station in the display - then the buttons don't work at all - display is black - radio works but you can't adjust the volume??! After restarting the car everything works again - but sometimes not!??!!

Does anyone have any tips for me?

Can I swap the CDR 23 for another used one or do I need any codes to get it working again - I would like to keep the originality somehow ...

THANK YOU for your feedback - OliB

After all, the radio has lasted almost 20 years. It may not be that bad. There are certainly much better radios available today. But visually it no longer fits into the car.

Boxster S 2008
    Carrera GT3 2006

• Hello Olawo!

Yes, I agree with you - visually it doesn't match the BJ. Originals are available used for around € 100.

But then again I need someone who can cancel the Protect Mode ... somehow a bit tedious ... that's why I was

thinking about an aftermarket solution ... The PCCM Plus is of course the nicest - maybe I'll get around to it...

My wife wouldn't buy an "aftermarket handbag" either:kwink:

LG OliB

• Hello OliB,

I have a CDR24 on offer. Was exchanged for a PCCM+. Needed CarPlay.

Worked well until the exchange in a PZ.

LG

Guido

• Thanks for your offer Guido - I may come back to it - I'll take everything apart and clean all the contacts and spray them with contact spray .... I found a Youtube video ... I'll try that ...

As far as I understand it, the CDR is programmed to the VIN again - simply plugging it into another car probably won't work ... there is someone at the small indicator who offers to remove the lock ... That would be plan B ...

Hope you are happy with your PCCM Plus!!!

LG OliB

• Hello OliB,

I am very satisfied. Only the fact that Apple CarPlay only works via cable is suboptimal. I have done it with a wireless box that is permanently connected to the PCCM+ and thus enables a wireless connection. That works well.

I'm still in the process of replacing the speakers. I only have two in the doors. In any case, only one grille is visible in each door. Replacing the door panels to accommodate a 3-way system is out of the question. New door panels are too expensive and the mounts for the clamping plugs are always broken on the used ones.

I'll take a door panel off today and have a look. I also have the problem with moisture under the door panel and have to replace the seal on the unit carrier.

Kind regards

Guido

• Short update:

As if by magic, everything is working again - maybe it had something to do with the heat (car was in the sun), that some contact was faulty.

I'll remove everything in winter, take it apart and clean it with contact cleaner ...

LG OliB

• The evil climate change is to blame.

Boxster S 2008
    Carrera GT3 2006

• That's right - I didn't even think of that - my Piwis didn't show it to me either:-a:]):lol: