Seat memory without any function

• In my Macan S, model year 06/23, approx. 18,000 km driven, the seat memory stopped working yesterday.

Yesterday, a comb had fallen between the center tunnel and the driver's seat. I then manually pushed the seat forward as far as it would go and removed the comb. The usual next step in such cases is to press the corresponding button on the memory function so that the seat returns to the saved position. This did not work. Tried all the buttons, including reprogramming: Nothing, no red indicator light, no signal tone, same on the passenger side. First drove home, thinking "Maybe everything will be OK tomorrow". However: no answer, still no function. My wife, who mainly drives the car, then manually adjusted the seat to her position. Memory still does not work.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do? Is there a reset function (apart from "Reset everything to factory settings" in the PCM, which I obviously want to avoid)? Possibly a key combination? Or....?

Regards

rab2

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hello rab2,

had a similar problem years ago, but with the Macan I.

I went to the service center, had the error read out and the system "reconfigured".

You still have a warranty.

Fil Ärvolk

• @ amira911:

Thanks for your tip! I got the info from another forum on how to do this myself and quote as follows:

"It would be possible that the memory cannot recall the end position of the longitudinal adjustments. In order to relearn these, the seat is moved completely forwards and backwards with the longitudinal adjustment up to the respective stop and when the respective end position is reached, the switch of the seat surface is then additionally actuated again in the selected direction and this applies to both end stops.

This should then make it possible to recall the memory again. However, this information is not included in the operating instructions. This procedure is used by various manufacturers with memory seats. I also had the error with my Macan II and it worked again after the aforementioned readjustment. "

That's exactly how it worked!

Regards

rab2

• Hello rab2,

it was precisely to avoid this readjustment procedure that I banned the use of a comb in the car right from the start.

Joking aside: this should actually also work when adjusting the side mirrors; the right-hand mirror also spins underneath and also maintains the lowering setting after reversing, for example (GTS year 23).

Greetings amira911