• my2cts:

928s cost roughly half as much as equally well-preserved/rare 911s. The restoration costs are IMHO at a similar level (911 parts are not a special offer either). In both cases, it is always difficult to sell a restored car at a price that covers the costs, unless it is a rare and sought-after variant.

Here we have a very rare, but not really sought-after variant with - as far as we know - only a partial restoration (paintwork), i.e. unknown condition, especially of the chassis (which alone can cost a few thousand and should be done at this age if you want a real "2"). Have the dashboard reupholstered? This raises the question of the condition of the rest of the interior. And then there's the air conditioning, electrics,...

Under these conditions, my guess:

20,000 if it has to be done quickly
    30,000 if you have time and/or a bit of luck
    50,000 you only get IMHO if you can sell it twice ;)

This post has been automatically translated.

• Everyone is told in the relevant media that the maintenance of a 928 is higher than that of any other classic Porsche.

You can park money in such a classic, but it's difficult to increase it.

Spare parts are very expensive for the 928, that's true

If you can't do the work yourself, it gets really expensive when I look at all the small construction sites alone.

• Here we have a very rare, but not really sought-after variant with a chip.

Yes, unfortunately - the S3 is often avoided because of its low horsepower - although with a chip it becomes a completely different car. You need an insider who knows exactly what he is looking for...... recently a US variant with very few kilometers was offered for 70000€ which in my opinion was completely exaggerated. Greetings Thilo

928 S3 32V 288PS EZ09/87 VIN WP0zzz92zgs841924

• The Americans already love their 86.5! There it is the most powerful form of the S apart from gray imports.

Many, including myself, find the old shape nicer and the vehicles less complex.

• Hello :)

The vehicle cost me 5900 euros in 2019. Had a small damage on the front right. I still have pictures. Paintwork done by myself 2500 euro. on the engine everything done by myself about 1000 euro the parts. Tires come new and the front spoiler lip comes new which costs 1000 euro. The car will cost me about 15000 euros with all the trimmings. Reibach is urgent that is clear but if no customer comes forward at about 50.000.- euro so I will continue to park it in the garage. I have other vehicles that have been waiting to be sold for about 10 years. Precaution ;)

• Hello :)

The vehicle cost me 5900 euros in 2019. Had a small damage on the front right. I still have pictures. Paintwork done by myself 2500 euro. on the engine everything done by myself about 1000 euro the parts. Tires come new and the front spoiler lip comes new which costs 1000 euro. The car will cost me about 15000 euros with all the trimmings. Reibach is urgent that is clear but if no customer comes forward at about 50.000.- euro so I will continue to park it in the garage. I have other vehicles that have been waiting to be sold for about 10 years. Precaution ;)

So you're a speculator who wants to make money from an accident car.

I'm generally not a fan of speculating on cars (watches)

I think that's a great pity.

And not great at all.

• I find the market prices interesting. Mine above from the beginning of the year: 928 GTS in good condition 73000,- , further down in the thread another market observer, there the value in comparable condition is 59.000,- These are considerable differences. Despite all the prices and speculation, what remains and is priceless is the joy of the 928.

Allzeit gute Fahrt wünscht

Bernd

993 Cabrio BJ 03.94, Schalter in schwarz-schwarz-schwarz

928 GTS BJ 10.92, Automat in amazonasgrün-klassikgrau

• I find the market prices interesting. My 928 GTS from the beginning of the year 73000,- in well-maintained condition, further down in the thread another market observer, the value in comparable condition is 59.000,- There are considerable differences. Despite all the prices and speculation, what remains and is priceless is the joy of the 928.

In your table, if I'm seeing things correctly, the GTS, for example, loses a whopping 49,000 from "maintained" condition with 73,000 to "moderately maintained" condition with only 24,000, however you want to declare that in comparison to the clear expert assessment at Classic Data! The differences in the other models are just as great! What is "moderately maintained"? "Well maintained" doesn't seem to exist there, nor does "not maintained or not maintained at all"!

• From my point of view, the appraisals are always higher than the market value, which is the right thing to do in order to be able to repair the car safely in the event of damage.

Paintwork and bodywork have become extremely expensive. That's why you should always renew the appraisal.