• Hello,

I have just noticed a small blister on the sill while washing. The blister is in the smooth painted area towards the wheel arch.

Is this a factory spot weld that I have never noticed in the last 10 years or is this the start of oxidation?

Many thanks in advance for any feedback!!!

Regards

This post has been automatically translated.

• Go to Best Answer
  • Hello,

I have just noticed a small blister on the sill while washing. The blister is in the smooth painted area towards the wheel arch.

Is this a factory spot weld that I have never noticed in the last 10 years or is this the start of oxidation?

Many thanks in advance for any feedback!!!

Regards

Plastic cannot rust ?:-(

• I'm pretty sure this is not plastic.

• Since when has the body of the 997 been made of plastic?

It still looks pretty good. The paintwork on my little darlings has already been renewed several times because it has been blasted away by stone chips.

Boxster S 2008
    Carrera GT3 2006

• If it is a factory spot weld, it should also be on the other side.

"Wenn man drauftritt muss er schießen" (Ferry Porsche)

• The whole area is susceptible to stone bombardment and therefore not free from the risk of rust.

But which point do you mean exactly, 1 or 2? 2 does indeed look as if there is an infiltration. Maybe remove the wheel arch liner, clean it carefully, then you can see more. I don't think there are any spot welds on either 1 or 2.

• The whole area is susceptible to stone bombardment and therefore not free from the risk of rust.

But which point do you mean exactly, 1 or 2? 2 does indeed look as if there is an infiltration. Maybe remove the wheel arch liner, clean it carefully, then you can see more. I don't think there are any spot welds on either 1 or 2.

I mean point 2. 1 is, in my opinion, production-related.