JP Dansk front silencer HISTORICAL

• Dear Community!

Today an inspector in AT denied me the classic car registration for my 911 3.2 Cabrio. The reason he gave was that, in his opinion, the Dansk front silencer was not on the market before 1995 and is therefore not historic.

Does anyone have an expert opinion, catalog, photo or anything else that shows that the Dansk 92.100S was on the market before 1995?

An invoice or similar would also suffice

Lg Peter

This post has been automatically translated.

• Change the examiner...

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• Not possible in AT, notification of defects already in hand. Could get a normal registration, but then I have to pay several thousand NOVA.

• Hmm. Then install the original VSD if necessary. My Dansk ESD has a certificate from 2003...I don't know if the Dansk VSD&ESD already existed in 1995. Why don't you ask Dansk themselves...

https://jpgroup.dk/de/kontakt/

Your stainless steel VSD 92.100S also has a certificate from 2003...

https://jpgroup.dk/de/p/Vorsch…Mit-T%C3%9CV/18561/18561/

From a purely technical point of view, there is not much difference to the series. However, the stainless steel VSD is more durable. There is hardly any difference in sound/volume between the VSDs. That's why the VSD without TÜV is "tolerated" here, which is practically just a continuous pipe.

I think the inspector is being very petty. After all, you have a proper VSD with TÜV approval. Standard parts from Porsche afaik no longer available, right? What else are you supposed to fit underneath? v:~(:k::-a

Greetings Thomas

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

Edited 2 times, last by Schulisco (June 12, 2024 at 11:30 PM).

• Hello Thomas,

yes, that was very annoying, no joyride at the weekend. In addition, the test center is 75km away and my short-term license plate has now expired.

I've now ordered an original one on ebay. The 100€ is not the issue, but the effort for nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️.

If I get proof from Dansk, I could just do it by mail.

Lg Peter

• Let's hope that this doesn't happen in Austria or Germany. Otherwise you might have problems in the future if you can't fall back on original spare parts.

Greetings

Lutz

Porsche 911 Carrera 3,2 Coupe Bj 1988 ex-US

• Let's hope that this doesn't happen in Austria or Germany. Otherwise you might have problems in the future if you can't fall back on original spare parts.

Greetings

Lutz

Hello Lutz,

I already had these problems 10 years ago with the 944 with the only available JP-Dansk rear silencer.
    New appointment, pay again, but different inspector and a Porsche restorer behind me who confirmed that there is no other ESD available...

alte Porsches:
    911S Ex US '76 mit Umbau auf 3,2l 207PS (Motor 930/21 mit Getriebe 915/68) - Silbermetallic, Schiebedach

911SC Targa Ex US '81 3,0l 179PS (Motor 930/16 mit Getriebe 915/63) - Weinrotmetallic

944/1 Targa '84 2,5l 163PS - Platinmetallic (bis 03/2017)

• Hello Peter,

I know the problems. I live south of Vienna, bought a 911SC, ex USA with KAT, in Germany in 2018 and type-approved it in Austria.

The inspectors harassed me until I called in a vehicle expert, and everything went smoothly straight away.

At that time I had to wait approx. 1-2 months for an inspection appointment, with an expert 1 week, he has blank appointments.

One of the complaints was

Shock absorbers - still the original green Bilstein from the factory with Porsche ET number on them

CO value fluctuated between 0.6 and 0.8% - later no limit value was entered in the type certificate because it was a historic vehicle. CAR

Spacers, still fitted by the previous owner - I simply removed them. They were perplexed - they hadn't expected that.

Vehicle height

Braided steel brake lines - a favorite topic according to my expert. Although safety-relevant and therefore actually off-topic

Solution: Call in an expert - it costs money - or go to another test center. But there you have to wait and it is uncertain whether they will invent other defects.

Good luck Franz

911SC Targa, Bj. 1980, Ex-USA, 180PS mit KAT, schwarzmetallic 708, in echt aber dunkelgrau/braun/oliv, innen Leder beige

• What kind of inspectors do you have in AT? k:shock Are they engineers like in Germany? k:scratch:

Ferdinand Porsche