Open tailgate/boot lid/rear lid from the inside?

• Hello,

Is there a built-in way to open the tailgate from the inside?

I'm sitting in the trunk and don't want to climb out of the rear doors.

Or do I first have to install a button that triggers the unlocking?

I know button 2 on the remote control, but somehow it doesn't do anything for me....

Best regards

M.

PS: Incidentally, the BA refers to the tailgate as the boot lid. k:rolleyes:

I did the test according to the BA.

1. press briefly, the lock of the boot lid should unlock, but does not happen

2. Press for 2 seconds, the rear window should pop open, it does, but the lock on the boot lid unlocks at the same time

Perhaps this is configurable?

This post has been automatically translated.

Alle Angaben ohne Gewähr!

Edited 3 times, last by MSl: Test durchgeführt (June 12, 2024 at 4:44 PM).

• Are we talking about the Ur Cayenne ? The switch in the door or in the remote control "unlocks" the tailgate (silently).

In other words, when it is locked / closed. Nothing opens by itself.

And the window pops out of the lock. That's all there is to it

• Yes, year of manufacture 2005.

I'm only concerned with unlocking.

At the moment I can unlock the lock on the boot lid and the rear window at the same time by pressing and holding button 2, tested earlier.

I then like to open the boot lid manually, as long as I can get out.

• That's what I meant.... there was something without a radio key, that ALWAYS works.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's what I meant.... there was something without a radio key, that ALWAYS works.

Why is that not in the BA?

Or have I overlooked something?

But it's probably intentional, that's how I know it by now, coming to Porsche for every little thing.

Porsche Cayenne - 9PA/957 - 0583/ABH - 3.6FSI VR6 24V 4X4 - 2008 - 185.000 km

Durametric Easy :thumbup-alternative:

ICARSOFT CR PRO :thumbup-alternative:

• Sorry, I must have expressed myself incorrectly. k:facepalm:

There are two terms in the BA.

1. unlocking

2. opening

Source: Porsche

I was looking for the possibility that the boot lid would SPRING OPEN and you could then push it open from the INSIDE.

I had wrongly described this as unlocking, as with a door lock the bolt is out and the door can be pushed open.

In the OI, "unlocking" only refers to the electrical release of the microswitches (to the latches). :kwink:

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riegel_(fitting)

Edited once, last by MSl: Was ist ein Riegel? ;-) (June 13, 2024 at 5:46 AM).

• The tailgate does not pop open ... ONLY unlock.

• Hi There is a small cover on the inside of the tailgate near the lock. Remove the cover and then you can open the tailgate by hand from the inside.

• Yes, thanks, I know that.

I had to use it once as an emergency solution when the servomotor of the rear lock died.

Have a good week

M.