BBS RS rim on 964 C2

• Hello everyone,

Yesterday I had the opportunity to fit BBS RS 056/057. Unfortunately, the tires were sticking out.

The look really blew me away though. Have any of you fitted the RS?

Which rim would be possible without any modifications to the bodywork?

Looking forward to reading from you.

VG Frank

This post has been automatically translated.

Frei nach unserem Walter: "Vernünftige Autos werden vom Antrieb geschoben, nicht gezogen !!!"

964 C2 Cabrio

944 Bj. 1984

944 Bj. 1985

964 C2 Cabrio 1993

997 C2 FL Cabrio ( - 2022)

987 S FL ( - 2017)

987 vFL ( - 2015)

Fiat 600 D (Restaurationsobjekt)

• The specified designation is 16".

But they are often changed.

Enclosed 2 pictures of Flachland on his 964 and Mark on his 993, sorry for borrowing the pictures.

The RS fits great on many cars.

If you are seriously interested, then get in touch with Thomas Müller, he knows which sizes fit and will certainly build them for you individually, as they are multi-part wheels.

• Personally, I find the rim well far too high and the star far too small. But the RS is no different, as the stars were actually only produced for 15". If BBS on the 964, then rather the LM or the E28.

I'll probably be one of the few people who don't like BBS rims on the 964 anyway. I've already tried several rims on mine (18" Fuchs, BBS E28, 18" from the 996, original 18" Speedline etc.) and always come back to the Cup rims.

Aktuell:

992 GT3

991.2 Carrera T

991.1 4S Cabrio

997.2 GT3

964 Outlaw

911 Outlaw

911 1967 SWB

356 Outlaw

• I also think BBS belongs on an E30 or Golf 2.

For me, it has to be on the 964 Speedline, RH Prad, original Cuprad or their replica.

Fortunately, tastes are different.

You can take a look at the black 993 on Insta under Mark_9eleven.

• I'll probably be one of the few people who doesn't like BBS rims on the 964 anyway. I've already tried a few rims on mine (18" Fuchs, BBS E28, 18" from the 996, original 18" Speedline etc.) and always come back to the Cup rims.

You are not alone.

For me, however, it's less to do with the BBS rims themselves than with 18" on the narrow 964 in general.

Visually, this simply clashes with the radii of the wheel arches. The TL is a different story again.

I think the C2 would look good with a nice, concave, one-piece Y-spoke in 17". But unfortunately they don't exist :(

• I think the 964 is always well dressed with the original Cup rim. This is the rim for the vehicle.

If they were available in exactly the same 18-inch version, it would be a hit.

Personally, I also like BBS very much and it would be boring if they were all tightened the same way.

• There is the ACP Jara in 18":

There is the same problem as with the BBS RS. The star is 17" and the rim bed has simply been raised to 18". In my opinion, it looks anything but harmonious.

Aktuell:

992 GT3

991.2 Carrera T

991.1 4S Cabrio

997.2 GT3

964 Outlaw

911 Outlaw

911 1967 SWB

356 Outlaw