"When I see a 928 today, it's the best package there is in the world."

• Harm Lagaaij in Old School #43 at 20:56

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The man who saved Porsche.

He's right!

(Sorry if it's a double post; the podcast is already a bit older)

This post has been automatically translated.

Dumm darfst Du sein. Du musst Dir nur zu helfen wissen.

• Also cool (at 19:00):

"The best thing you could do for technically normal people" :headbange

• :t:

For non-vehicle developers: What is a "package" ?

--> https://www.porscheengineering…/completevehicle/package/

> Package: Detailed design of the vehicle geometry taking into account ergonomics and benefits as well as definition of the technical installation spaces, installation space management and interface coordination

I noticed the same thing...in the current 928 "grandson" from Affalterbach, the AMG GT , you have significantly less space inside. Exterior design, transaxle with front mid-engine is almost identical in the AMG GT, including dimensions, while the 928 has significantly more space inside. However, the 928 body is stable and accident-proof even by today's standards.

VG
    Thommy

Porsche 928 RS MJ 1981 bugattiblau / 5,2L 360 PS GTS Fahrwerk/Getriebe/Bremsen

Klimabedienteil instandsetzen lassen und auf warmweiße LED-Beleuchtung in Originaloptik umrüsten? --> Nachricht an mich!

• :t:

However, the 928 body is stable and accident-proof even by today's standards.

VG
    Thommy

Hello Thommy

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you on the subject of accident safety. I suspect that the 928 would fail a crash test these days.

Why?

It has no components made of high-strength and ultra-high-strength steel in the A-pillar, core cell or crash elements.

Today's aluminum components are also much harder and more stable.

One advantage is the transaxle unit, which absorbs a certain amount of the force in a frontal crash and also transfers it to the rear.

LG, Walter

Gruß Walter

928 MJ 79 - Strosek -Schalter

928 S4 MJ 88- Automat

928 S4 MJ 89 - Automat - Restaurierungsobjekt

928 GTS MJ93-Automat

987 S - Schalter- Sommerfahrzeug