992 Can seat ventilation be retrofitted?

• Hello everyone,

I have just discovered a suitable new 992. Unfortunately, it only has heated seats and I really appreciate the seat ventilation. This is also the question: can the seat ventilation be retrofitted?

If it would require a new seat, which I'm assuming so far, that wouldn't be an obstacle for me either. I'm just not sure whether plugs or similar have to be installed beforehand, which cannot be retrofitted.

Many thanks for your answers and have a nice weekend

This post has been automatically translated.

• You would also need the center console, as that's where the switches are

• It can be done, but it will certainly be very, very expensive.

It's better to choose another one.

• Ola, I have seat ventilation and have to say it's a nice to have and I left it on once at the beginning for testing (extremely loud) and after that I think only 2-3 times when the car was standing in the sun. I don't really see the "added value"...

• I was on a tour with you in Germany a few years ago in the summer with the then new 992. At 35 degrees in the shade, I learned to appreciate the seat ventilation. I am sensitive to cold in the back, but at the lowest level it was a relief.

Mine, otherwise equipped almost to the maximum, now has no Sporttex equipment (no seat ventilation possible).

“Straight roads do not make skillful drivers.” - Paulo Coelho

• Ola, I have seat ventilation and have to say it's a nice to have and I left it on once at the beginning for testing (extremely loud) and after that I think only 2-3 times when the car was standing in the sun. I don't really see the "added value"...

How can you stand it in the summer? Because I find leather without seat ventilation unbearable. With Sporttex I think it even works