Brake pad wear warning light - 996 Turbo EZ 08/2001

• Hello everyone,

Brake wear indicator lights up - have already replaced pads, contacts wear indicator is also ok.

Wiring harnesses are also ok.

Car is in the Lower Bavaria area

Thank you very much!

This post has been automatically translated.

• Sometimes lights up when it's wet. Like you, I checked and measured everything. I'll probably have to test it wheel by wheel with a washer hose...

Greetings Frank

2003 996 Targa

Edited once, last by franer (May 20, 2024 at 8:23 PM).

• Contacts wear indicator are also ok

Found ok by visual contact ?

Or exchanged for new ?

Boxster 986...verkauft
    996 Coupe...verkauft
    996 tt cabrio wls...und noch ein paar PS mehr draufgepackt

• Mine has been doing this for some time now. Especially when I reverse out of the driveway.

Ignition off and on again, then it's quiet again for a while. The pads at the front still have 3-4mm, at the rear twice as much.

As I already have new front pads, contacts and discs here, I'll take a closer look when I change them.

• Hello everyone and thank you very much,

Front and rear pads have at least 8 mm, wear indicator measured and then also bridged, as recommended here in the forum.

The car was parked three years ago after MOT inspection without any defects and was "revived" a few weeks ago and can now be driven daily again.

Axle boots were replaced on the VA.

The forum says something about a short circuit to earth, which is also on the brown-black cable from the front left wear indicator, new wiring harness is there, I then also disconnected the connection point below the windshield wipers and it is still there.

Does anyone have the complete cable routing from the instrument cluster to the wear indicators VA and HA?

Many thanks and a good start to the week

• Have you ever used copper paste or antiseize on the brake caliper? These contain conductive particles.

• The easiest way to check all wear indicators is with a measuring device, the contacts in the connector could also be faulty

• I have already done this, unfortunately without success ;(

• I have already done this, unfortunately without success ;(

The easiest way is to check all wear indicators with a measuring device; the contacts in the connector may also be faulty

Ok, the next step should now be to read out the fault memory with a tester and query the individual contacts

• Take an old contact, bridge the cable and plug this connector into the wheels one after the other. Then you can immediately see which indicator is not working properly.

Greetings

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking: