Do the 996 4S Turbo Look rims fit on the narrow C2?

• Hello,

the 4S and Turbo have different ET compared to the normal "narrow" 996.1 rims.

I am looking for Turbo Look rims for the winter tires and then the 4S:

VA 8.5x18 ET46
    HA10x18 ET 54

and the narrow one says:

7.5 or 8 inch ... among other things with a different offset.

Will the 8.5 inch rims still fit without modifications?

Not according to the expert opinion, but sometimes various empirical values are different...

Gerhard

This post has been automatically translated.

• the Turbo or "S" has 8 x 18/ET50 at the front and 11 x 18/ET45 at the rear as standard.

• So your vehicle is not listed in the certificate, but the 4s is? As far as I know, they are the same at the front, but you have to be careful at the rear, which is why I'm surprised. ET50 is also standard on the front of the C3/C4.

I myself drive 8.5x18 ET 45 with 17mm spacers and coilover suspension, was no problem. My certificate lists C2/C4, 4S and Turbo.

P.S.: At the rear I have the same configuration as you +5mm spacers.

• I recently had the SportTechno with 10Jx18 ET47 rear wheels on a narrow 996 C4 as a test. That was a tad too wide with the tires that were fitted. The rims themselves would probably have just disappeared into the wheel arch. With more camber, you could probably even drive it. Yours have ET54, so I don't see that as critical.

The front ones come out about 10mm further than standard, if I haven't miscalculated. That could still fit, but even there it might be tight.

Viele Grüße

Philipp

"Umfahren ist das Gegenteil von umfahren" :old: :old:

• I'll upload a reference for you...

8,5x18 ET41 - 225/40
    10x18 ET47,5 - 265/35

With certificate for the narrow 996

• Hello,

I am now driving the 4S winter rims on my 996.2 C2 with a KW coilover suspension, no track plates (although visually there should be some at the front, but maybe you shouldn't do that if you want it to continue to drive well).

The dimensions at the front are identical to the Turbo wheel: 8x18 ET 50 and 10x18 ET 47 at the rear.

Michelin tires: 225 at the front, 285 at the rear.

No problem at the front, of course, and the rear fits perfectly with the wheel arch edge. Nothing folded over, little camber, nothing rubs, etc. Everything is tight, but it fits.

But it also fitted before with the original suspension without any problems. This afternoon I'm at the GTÜ for individual approval. I'll take pictures and write a post at the weekend.

VG

Mark

• Hello Markus,

then these should fit me?

Did you get the rims registered? ?

Mine has a 1 cm lowering ex works.... does it still fit ?

Gerhard

• Hello Gerhard,

JB84
    May 20, 2024 at 7:29 PM

if I have done the link correctly, you can see everything there.

Registration without problems with 3 to 4 cm lowering. I no longer know whether this is correct, but I believe that the pre-facelift models do not have the rear fender edge lowered as much as the facelift. It may be necessary to do this on the older models. Of course, it also depends on the tire size. VFL 265s rear series on 18", FL 285s rear series on 18"

Greetings

Mark

• Hello Markus,

thanks for the info.

Mine has a factory lowering of 1cm and the wider 285 rear tires.

Now I'm not a "TÜV official", but don't they only register what comes with a certificate somewhere?

Or did they do an individual approval for you?

Somehow I can find the Turbo Look rims from the 4S "everywhere" on the net and those for a 996.1 only rarely.

But I only want to fit winter tires anyway...

Am I making a mistake ?

Gerhard

• Hello Gerhard,

in my case, the rims in combination with a KW coilover suspension were registered by individual approval. No problem. An expert opinion was not necessary. Wheel data, part numbers etc. can probably be viewed by the inspectors in their system. The inspector must also want to and be able to do this.

My rims are from a 4S and were once the winter wheels with 265 rear tires. A reasonable inspector (in my case the GTÜ) can also register them with wider tires. The 285s are the standard size. The only difference is that the offset of 47 was lower (I mean standard offset 65).

The front is the same size as my standard 8x18 ET 50 with 225 tires.

This rim design was probably most commonly available as a "winter wheel" in the above-mentioned sizes. Then they were also available as an option on the Carrera 2 with rear ET 65, I think, plus possibly something narrower with 7 and 8.5 inches from the Boxster and of course wider from the Turbo and GT2 etc. There were also hollow spokes.

I only know them as Turbolook II rims and they were not available for the 996.1. Only from the facelift onwards. But as I said, a good and willing inspector can approve them. Loads are not an issue and the 1 cm lowering is certainly not. At the front, 8.5 inches and a little camber could probably also fit (see the post from Teilegott - always pay attention to the ET). Of course, I can't guarantee that. The only way to be sure is probably to try it out.

The rims from the classifieds in your Scrennshot have the same dimensions as mine and should therefore fit without any problems. At the rear with the 265 winter tires it will fit even better.

Greetings

Mark