Loudest 996 exhaust system with TÜV

• Hello,

there are a few posts about 996 exhaust systems, but I have not found a post that could answer my question about the loudest exhaust system for the 996.

I am primarily asking for my 996.2 C4, but would be happy to post well-founded contributions for all 996 models.

So it can be really loud, regardless of whether it roars or whatever. It's not about a balanced sound. The prerequisite is TÜV, which relativizes the point "really loud" somewhat, but I think you know what I mean.

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hello,

So it can be really loud, no matter whether it's booming or whatever.

Have you ever thought about your fellow human beings - hardly!

Porsche Cayenne - 9PA/957 - 0583/ABH - 3.6FSI VR6 24V 4X4 - 2008 - 185.000 km

Durametric Easy :thumbup-alternative:

ICARSOFT CR PRO :thumbup-alternative:

• Irrespective of this, the loudest is probably the original sports exhaust system with up to a registered 109dB...

• And when the 109dB roar on the AB at 7000rpm, some people behind us might get a sudden loss of hearing.

I drive everything original with the flap and the registered 109dB. That's really really loud.

I think if you want more, you have to go for unregistered + metal cats.

• The 109dB are increased idle speed...

At full load and full attack there is more...

Viele Grüße

Christian

996 Fön Fahrer :thumb:

„Control is nothing without power“

Mein Ex: 993 C2 Bj 1997 (RIP)

• The 109dB are increased idle speed...

At full load and full attack there is more...

I almost feared it would be extremely loud as it is.

Is there a rule or a benchmark? Does 109 become 1xx and can it be extrapolated in the same way for modern cars?

• Hello,

there are some posts about 996 exhaust systems, but I have not found any post that could answer my question about the loudest exhaust system for the 996.

Hopefully there will continue to be no such posts in this forum k:acute:

Seriously: The 109 dB mentioned above are already close to the pain threshold of the human ear (approx. 120 dB). Better make it faster than louder :kwink:

Viele Grüße von Thomas

991.1 C2S, EZ 9.11.12 "indischrot oder nichts" ]:-)

• Hello,

there are a few posts about 996 exhaust systems, but I have not found a post that could answer my question about the loudest exhaust system for the 996.

I am primarily asking for my 996.2 C4, but would be happy to post well-founded contributions for all 996 models.

So it can be really loud, regardless of whether it roars or whatever. It's not about a balanced sound. The prerequisite is TÜV, which somewhat relativizes the point "really loud", but I think you know what I mean.

You have a Porsche 911, not a Honda Civic! The 90s are over, boy :D

• Good Porsche sound from the 6-cylinder boxer engine doesn't have to be loud, but always present :kwink:

• I've started something...

First of all, thanks for the factual contributions.

Peter1954. Your statement is simply prejudiced and rude. Your thought behind it is of course justified.

My aim here is to exchange experiences and not personal sensitivities.