Clasp on handbrake lever... how to fit?

• I'm faced with a conundrum and before I break something, I'd better ask.

I got hold of the aluminum clasp brand new. There is glue under the clasp... it holds everything together.

But... how do I get the glue under the clasp? Press it on from above?

It's kind of a mystery to me...

This post has been automatically translated.

• If you only want to glue the aluminum clasp, I would recommend thickened 24-hour epoxy resin, e.g. Endfest300 plus Tixopiermittel. Just make sure that nothing runs into the cast half-shells. The handle itself is normally plugged in and clipped into two locking lugs, or if in wood/carbon also glued.

A lot Erfolg✌️

• I've already seen that they've sprayed glue on there. I'm just not quite sure how to get the glue under the clasp! I have to push it on together with the handle... I can't get the glue there beforehand... I'll smear it. I can't do it afterwards either... everything is closed.

The procedure is simply unclear to me ?:-(

• I would only glue the clasp to the part of the handbrake handle in which the clasp is embedded. When everything is dry, slide it on. Otherwise you'll never get the part off again. As far as I know, the leather handles are also only attached.

• The original was like Pattex underneath... a thick lump. But how it got there is a mystery to me :D

• The yellow lump is resin, probably epoxy. I've leathered my handbrake lever and upgraded it with a carbon grip and the aluminum clasp, but unfortunately I didn't take any photos.

My old leather grip has a plastic sleeve that is plugged in and clipped. This is not possible with the hard grip. I first glued the clasp to the carbon grip and then the unit with the lever. At the moment, the whole thing still looks like this...🤣