Porsche 996 c2 Convertible Year 2004

• Hi everyone

I could buy a 2nd hand 996 C2 convertible with 179,000 kilometers from an older gentleman. Condition inside top, outside typical quirks of an old man (Ditscher, rims rocked here and there a small dent from shopping) unfortunately not checkbook maintained at Porsche, but at the independent Porsche dealership. He wants to call 25K. which I think is cheap even with the quirks

Now to my question

Do you think that with this mileage I will still have to deal with the typical engine problems? If it is maintained in low gear from now on?

VG Micha

This post has been automatically translated.

• Place it on the stage, put the endoscope in and have a look.

Seriously, nobody here can say whether something can come or not.

Viele Grüße

Christian

996 Fön Fahrer :thumb:

„Control is nothing without power“

Mein Ex: 993 C2 Bj 1997 (RIP)

• Hi everyone

I could buy a 2nd hand 996 C2 convertible with 179,000 kilometers from an older gentleman. Condition inside top, outside typical quirks of an old man (Ditscher, rims rocked here and there a small dent from shopping) unfortunately not checkbook maintained at Porsche, but at the independent Porsche dealership. He wants to call 25K. which I think is cheap even with the quirks

Now to my question

Do you think that with this mileage I will still have to deal with the typical engine problems? If it is maintained in low gear from now on?

VG Micha

At this mileage, anything could happen, e.g. all the ancillary units, the entire chassis, the AGA and so on.

With the engine, if it's the first one, you should have a look inside.

• There are statements like "if a 996/997 engine has lasted xy tkm, then nothing will happen". I think that's nonsense, the reports show that the typical problems can occur at any time or not at all. If you can get it for the price, and it's ok so far - why not? Put money aside for the engine overhaul and that's that.

996 Turbo WLS Coupé

911 G Targa

Geiler is' schon! (Marius 1983)

"Irgendwann mal" ist jetzt! (Jörg)

• If the engine has not yet been overhauled at this mileage and the older gentleman has only driven "piano", I assume that the engine MAY need an overhaul at some point.

It is also a fact that at such a mileage, chassis components (if not replaced) are at the end and the replacement (if you can't do it yourself) can be really expensive (stuck bolts etc.).

I therefore think the price is too high given the condition.

At 25,000 you put another 8,000 into the engine, 5,000 into the chassis, 1,000 into the rims, 5,000 into the body and the paintwork. And in the end, you still have a convertible with an enormous mileage that doesn't really have much market value (precisely because of the mileage and checkbook).

I am then at 44000 euros... if nothing else (exhaust, electrics, interior, gearbox, soft top mechanism/ soft top, windshield, headlights) is defective. For that you get something with less mileage and a higher market value...

• Buy it, fix any oil leaks (oil seals etc.), put it in and drive it. With the price, age of the car and mileage, there is always a

always carries a certain residual risk. You just have to live with it.

I also bought a C2 with similar mileage and price before Christmas - I drive the car every day and enjoy it.

Have the courage...

• ...before Christmas... it probably was 😄