Retrofitting parking aid to the 718 GTS

• Hello and happy Easter,

I have another chance to buy a GTS as a new car, so to speak, just before the deadline.

The car has an extremely "slim" configuration, you could say it's an accountant's car.

For me it's OK, pure driving pleasure is on board, everything is good, unfortunately the parking aid is missing, both front and rear.

The front is still okay for me, the rear is really stupid with the potential to be a dealbreaker.

The PZ does not carry out retrofitting, the retrofit offers on the net don't really convince me.

Are there any experiences with retrofitting the 718, unfortunately the search function doesn't help.

Thanks for any recommendations! :wink:

Best regards, Peter

This post has been automatically translated.

Viele Grüße, Peter

Never modify. Never drill holes. Never change accessories.

• There are now license plate holders with a built-in camera (for cell phones) for little money - just read about them, never tested them myself.

Yours sincerely, Tom

Acht Zylinder sind vier zu wenig!

• Hello,

Thanks, Tom.

The wireless solutions usually have screens that are supposed to be powered via the cigarette lighter. Is there "power inside" the glove compartment of the 718, i.e. USB or 12 V. - Cigarette lighter?

Thanks for your input, best regards, Peter

Viele Grüße, Peter

• Is there "power inside" the glove compartment of the 718, i.e. USB or 12 V. - Cigarette lighter?

Yes, USB(A) is inside.

Kind regards, Tom

Edit:

What do you think of this? Amazon link [ad]

Here is the page of the German manufacturer: https://omnivid.de/product/omn…ne-mit-kennzeichenkamera/

• Hello,

Thank you, Tom, I think the Omnivid devices are quite good.

You should be able to get ignition plus and ground from the license plate light, right?

I'll have a look at my neighbor's 718S later... :wink:

And if the camera then also addresses the screen in the car via an app (the "accountant" has AppleCarPlay), everything would be fine.

Thanks again and best regards, Peter

Viele Grüße, Peter

• Thank you, Tom, I really like the Omnivid devices.

Please feel free to report how things are going.

You should be able to get ignition plus and ground from the license plate light, right?

I would have simply tapped into the license plate lighting - but I don't know how the LEDs are controlled (if there are any inside).

And if the camera then addresses the screen in the car via an app

You shouldn't expect too much - Apple only releases a handful of apps for CarPlay.

Yours sincerely, Tom

• For me it's OK, pure driving pleasure is on board, everything is good, unfortunately the parking aid is missing, both front and rear.

The front is still okay for me, the rear is really stupid with the potential to be a dealbreaker.

Who needs something like that?

You quickly get used to the vehicle dimensions.

Enjoy the clean look without the ugly Acknepickel!

Otherwise, take a few driving lessons and learn to park, it's money well spent.

:*

Testarossa FER 504/C

G500 letzte Starrachse

718 Spyder PE

HD Softail Slim luftgekühlt

2CV

Vespa ET4

• Alternatively, you can retrofit the original RFK, in which the image appears directly on the PCM. Either code it yourself with MiB (same tool as the one for the navigation/carplay activation, but requires a little courage and preparation), or have it done by a well-known provider (e.g. Kufatec).