GTS or GT3 and rear wing

• Hello dear Porsche friends :wink:

I currently drive a 992 GTS.

I might like to order the new GT3 this year. Are there any drivers here who have had both models and can tell me something about the differences and whether the change is worthwhile?

Then another important question for a madman like me😂 Can I go to a car wash with the GT3's wing?

Thanks and greetings, Harald

This post has been automatically translated.

• The difference between GTS and GT3 is like night and day. I would go for a test drive, then you will know much better than the comments here will try to explain to you.

• Where can you still or already order a new GT3? 🤔🤨😎

I only had the GTS and GT3 as a 991.1

Very difficult to compare in my opinion. Although both still had naturally aspirated engines.

Ciao Stefan

Möge der Grip mit dir sein!

• It's primarily a question of the intended use. The GTS is much more suitable for everyday use with a lot of oomph, where the naturally aspirated engine is still in a deep sleep, the GT3 is tough and not really intended as a daily driver, but for weekend fun trips or the racetrack. In this respect, there is no better or worse from my point of view, but primarily the question of what I want to use the car mainly for.

• Hello dear Porsche friends :wink:

I currently drive a 992 GTS.

I might like to order the new GT3 this year. Are there any drivers here who have had both models and can tell me something about the differences and whether the change is worthwhile?

Then another important question for a madman like me😂 Can I go to a car wash with the GT3's wing?

Thanks and greetings, Harald

• Then another important question for a madman like me😂 Can I take the GT3's wing to a car wash?

Yes, that is possible without any problems. You just have to wipe down the area underneath the wing manually before or afterwards:thumbup-alternative:

Aktuell:

992 GT3

991.2 Carrera T

991.1 4S Cabrio

997.2 GT3

964 Outlaw

911 Outlaw

911 1967 SWB

356 Outlaw

• It's primarily a question of the intended use. The GTS is much more suitable for everyday use with a lot of oomph, where the naturally aspirated engine is still in a deep sleep, the GT3 is tough and not really intended as a daily driver, but for weekend fun trips or the racetrack. In my opinion, there is no better or worse, but primarily the question of what I want to use the car for.

I can confirm this 100%.

I first had the 992 GTS (aero kit, bucket seats, lightweight glass...) and have now switched to the GT3.

If the driving profile is not +70% track, I would recommend the GTS.

The GT3 is really too loud and harsh off the track and if you're new to the track you won't go much faster with the GT3.

• I have just switched from GTS to GT3. I'm fascinated by the first impressions. Acoustically, something is happening all the time. The little stones in the wheel arch, the engine, the gearbox, the variety of sounds, etc. The driving experience is also completely different. More precise, more biting, more direct. The car constantly challenges you. You are present. It's difficult to just drive it. The GTS, on the other hand, is much tamer. It's much easier to drive just like that. A Carrera / Carrera S is a lot more restrained. With the GT3, I'm looking forward to completing the first 1,500 km to fully enjoy the soundscape. And I'm looking forward to the first trips in regions that will bring the car closer to what it was built for. It's just too bad for the city or ice cream parlor. But yes, if it's too loud / too hard for you, a GTS is the perfect choice. GT3 is "old school" in a new guise with modern technology. Top!

• I can report that both are super cars.

In my opinion, the differences in comfort are mainly in the driving noise (engine and rolling noise) and less in the suspension. I've already written about this elsewhere: I find the GTS with its specific sports suspension quite harsh, while the GT3 is sometimes better on bumps on the highway.

The advantage of the GTS for me: the sportiest way to drive a 911 with all the comforts (adaptive cruise control, seat ventilation, 2+2 seats for children, 360° camera etc.).

However, the GT3 is the cooler car, the emotionality of the engine is amazing! If you want to make some noise in the tunnel, you can't keep up with the GTS.

The chassis and steering are very direct, really mega. I don't understand the S/T set-up here, for example, the GT3 is really perfect for me. Subjectively, I also find the HAL in the GT3 better, if there really is a difference in hardware or set-up (unfortunately I don't know).

The bottom line is that the GT3 is the better car for me, and yet I kept the GTS back then because it is so wonderfully uncomplicated. On the way to work, for example, I have a guilty conscience about waking up the 4.0 naturally aspirated engine halfway for 8 minutes. In winter anyway. So a lot depends on the profile, I think it's better to drive the GTS often than the GT3 rarely :)