964 has been parked for more than 6 months

• Hello, should the 964 be moved a little after a longer period of standing or is this not necessary with increased air pressure? Should I switch on the ignition to fill the accumulator or just leave it there?

Stefan

This post has been automatically translated.

• I leave the car parked - before parking, I increase the air pressure to a good 3.5 bar.

As far as the battery is concerned, I would recommend trickle charging or disconnecting it.

MfG wolfi66x

• Yes, of course, but I thought if this goes on for longer than 6 months a little movement would be good...

• I once had my 993 deregistered for almost a year because I was away on business for a while.

It was air-conditioned, with a trickle charger, fresh oil, cork under the wiper arm to prevent the wiper blades from going flat, leather greased and all seals maintained.

After the downtime, I pulled out the DME relay and then built up the oil pressure before starting.

Then I put the DME relay back in and it started again.

I had filled the tires to 3.5 bar, after the downtime it apparently had some flat spots (there was a slight vibration in the steering wheel, which was gone again after a longer distance).

I wouldn't worry about it at 6 months if it's standing properly.

• Depending on the weather, I keep it between 4-6 months and besides the 3.5 bar, I move it back and forth in the garage every 2 weeks.