997-1 Ignition key inserted - cannot be removed

• Hello

I have become the proud owner of a 997-1 convertible (2005) and have parked it for a few days until I get the number and register it.

Now I've let the 997 run, opened the door and started it as normal... but now it won't give up the ignition key!!!

So I made myself smart and investigated, there is the small hook near the fuse box with which you can pull off the small cover on the ignition lock and then push it in the middle, so that the key comes out... (actually).
    So I went there with all my foresight and did exactly that, I can also see that a small plate moves 2-3mm when I push it in ...

However, the key still doesn't come off,

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA HOW TO REMOVE THE KEY NOW?

The defect is probably the rear part of the ignition lock, which can be replaced. I have also read up on this, but first the key has to come out.

Unfortunately I haven't found anything here in the forum, maybe someone here has a tip - link...?

Thanks & greetings

Harry

This post has been automatically translated.

Youngtimerfan mit 944S (1986) und Alfa Spider (1980)

• My lock is also acting up a bit. It often works if you switch the ignition back on and push the key in against the spring force when switching off. Repeat if necessary.

Beste (luftgekühlte) Grüße

Bernd

• Thanks for the tip

I've already shaken it for an hour, pressed in - out, turned it back to the 0 position,,,

Nothing works, the key stays in.

• A shot of MO once helped me....

Greetings Axel

• Hello,

The 997s are now getting to the age where the ignition lock no longer works. This is a known problem with the 996.

Have a look here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/99…ion-switch-stuck-key.html

and here:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/t…_Switch_Steering_Lock.htm

Greetings

tkm

• Sorry, maybe a stupid question.

Is this perhaps a Tiptronic and the selector lever not in "P"?

• Hello

ne manual switch...

Greetings

• ...probably the same (similar) ignition starter switch. It's not that expensive (VW part) and should be replaced immediately when the first faults occur to avoid major problems.

• Yes, I have already looked at various instructions for replacing the rear part of the ignition lock. But I don't know whether you can remove the part when the key is in it, I don't think so. That's why I want it out first....

• Yes, I have already looked at various instructions for replacing the rear part of the ignition lock. But I don't know whether you can remove the part when the key is in it, I don't think so. That's why I want it out first....

...unfortunately you already have the 'bigger' problem, maybe try it carefully with MoS or WD40.