Fuel pump runs and does not run...

• Remove the tank sensor from the tank in the trunk and take a look inside the tank with a flashlight. There is probably rust in there, which has ruined the new pump straight away. Before I install a new pump, I first make sure that there is no rust in the entire system. If the tank (which is made of bare steel on the inside and is not coated!) is rusted/smudged, then it is best to replace it. Also inspect the steel pipes and replace if necessary. New steel tank approx. 3-400€, there is a plastic tank from the RSR, but it is worth its weight in gold (2-3000€(!)). And in future always with every tank filling with gasoline with ethanol content (Super95 & SuperPlus98) use fuel stabilizer! At the moment we only know that Aral ultimate 102 is currently produced without the addition of ethanol. Shell v-power again contains a small amount of ethanol and is therefore not ethanol-free!

Greetings, Thomas

This post has been automatically translated.

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

Edited 3 times, last by Schulisco (February 27, 2024 at 5:05 PM).

• As already offered, I still have some good pumps lying around. If you are interested PN.

• Remove the tank sensor from the tank in the trunk and take a look inside the tank with a flashlight. There is probably rust in there, which has ruined the new pump straight away. Before I install a new pump, I first make sure that there is no rust in the entire system. If the tank (which is made of bare steel on the inside and is not coated!) is rusted/smudged, then it is best to replace it. Also inspect the steel pipes and replace if necessary. New steel tank approx. 3-400€, there is a plastic tank from the RSR, but it is worth its weight in gold (2-3000€(!)). And in future always with every tank filling with gasoline with ethanol content (Super95 & SuperPlus98) use fuel stabilizer! At the moment we only know that Aral ultimate 102 is currently produced without the addition of ethanol. Shell v-power again contains a small amount of ethanol and is therefore not ethanol-free!

Greetings, Thomas

Thomas the tank is a plastic everything is wonderful ok....No rust nothing....

Porsche 911 Targa Saharabeige G 2.7 November 73

schöne Grüße

Roman

• oh yes the old original pump was still running....was just a little leaky.....are there people who can reseal it?

schöne Grüße

Roman

• I have the pump here. The price of RP is outrageous. Even the non-return valve 80,- <X

yes that would be great.....sie works ? can you give me a reasonable price that would be very kind!

schöne Grüße

Roman