Fuel pump runs and does not run...

• I'll come back to the cable jam at the HKZ. The pump is probably at the rear of the vehicle. I still have some lying around.

I suspect that the tangled cables might have something to do with it, it has to be done anyway...... And the red cables that go out the back like that have been messed with, even if it's been running like that for 3 years!!!

If you suspect heat failure, just spray some cold spray or deodorant on it, then you'll know more

There are no HVACs at the rear and the cable tangle is manageable, I don't see what you could do there, the relays work but have nothing to do with the pump.....the pump sits at the rear in the axle or leg and is not exactly cheap.....

This post has been automatically translated.

Porsche 911 Targa Saharabeige G 2.7 November 73

schöne Grüße

Roman

• There is no HKZ at the back

?:-( ?:-( ?:-(

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• yes runs without.....

schöne Grüße

Roman

• But the rear fuel pump is also strange.

No HKZ? How else does it ignite? Have you installed a 123 Ignition?

Please post a picture of the engine compartment and of the relay plate in the engine compartment from a little further away.

Greetings Michael

1982 SC 3,0 US, 930.16 Motor, indisch Rot

Schiebedach, Klima, Leder schwarz, Bilstein Fahrwerk, Dansk Sportauspuff

1969 914 Adriablau,umgbaut auf 6zylinder und 5 lochfahrwerk

• And while we're at it, please also provide the engine type number, which can be found as follows:

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• But the rear fuel pump is also strange.

No HKZ? How else does it ignite? Have you installed a 123 Ignition?

Please post a picture of the engine compartment and of the relay plate in the engine compartment from a little further west.

I think ignition is via the capacitor.....I'll take a picture yes

schöne Grüße

Roman

• According to the 73 wiring diagram, there is no fuse for the BP. It fires directly via the ignition/starter switch (ignition lock) terminal X as far as I can see. The cable for the BP is connected to the lead to fuse 7. (But does not go via the fuse!)

1982 SC 3,0 US, 930.16 Motor, indisch Rot

Schiebedach, Klima, Leder schwarz, Bilstein Fahrwerk, Dansk Sportauspuff

1969 914 Adriablau,umgbaut auf 6zylinder und 5 lochfahrwerk

• Yes, no HKZ, but a capacitor that will soon light up on the rear window relay.

HKZ probably only from 77

• According to the 73 wiring diagram, there is no fuse for the BP. It fires directly via the ignition/starter switch (ignition lock) terminal X as far as I can see. The cable for the BP is connected to the lead to fuse 7. (But does not go via the fuse!)

exactly

schöne Grüße

Roman