V-belt does not align

• Hello everyone,

so far the revision of my "Wundertüte" has not caused any real problems. The car: SC Cabrio year 1983, engine no. 63D6540, probably matching the year of manufacture.

Now, however, when changing the V-belt, I discovered that the V-belt cannot be fitted in alignment; the fan/LiMa pulley is several mm too far towards the rear of the vehicle.

A fan housing 930106102 5R is fitted, which, according to an older post by Lars Ruf CTR), accommodates a LiMa with 90A. However, the motor probably comes with a housing 930106102 0R and a 75A LiMa. The 90A LiMa is, as I understand the post, approx. 1cm longer than the weaker one.

Am I right in assuming that in order to get the cow off the ice and the belt aligned as easily as possible, it is possible to install a 75A-Lima?

Will it fit into the "5R" housing and then move one cm further forward?

Or can an installed Lima be moved forward in the bearing?

Or can the pulley on the crankshaft be moved backwards using a spacer ring so that it is still stable?

I have not yet dismantled anything in this area, hence my perhaps naive questions...

Many thanks for any useful information

Klaus

This post has been automatically translated.

Carrera targa Bj. 87, re-europäisiertes US-Modell - verkauft

968 Cabrio Bj. 92, wimbledongrün

• Hello,

on my 911SC, built in 1980, it was exactly the other way around. The Americans installed an alternator that was too short (from F-model ? - no idea) The V-belt pulleys didn't align, but the belt didn't strip anywhere either. Back in 2019, I installed a new LIMA of the right length with an internal regulator for €265. That would be the simplest solution for me.

Greetings Franz

911SC Targa, Bj. 1980, Ex-USA, 180PS mit KAT, schwarzmetallic 708, in echt aber dunkelgrau/braun/oliv, innen Leder beige

Edited once, last by franz w ().

• A blower housing 930106102 5R is fitted,

Are you sure about the number?

I looked at 10 blowers today.

All starting with "930" -- ended with 0R, 2R or 4R.

I only know 5R with "901" at the beginning -- and that, combined with a too large alternator, makes the pulley move further towards the tailgate.

You won't be able to change the crankshaft pulley.

You'll have to take it apart and post pictures, then there will be more support.

Lars

Nur wenn du schwarze Striche vom Kurvenausgang bis zum nächsten Bremspunkt ziehen kannst, hast du wirklich genug Leistung(Mark Donohue).

Im Alter wird man immer knackiger -- da knackt es und da knackt es...

Sechs 964er bisher mit abgerissenen Dilas --- 14(!!!) Ventilfederbrüche bei den letzten 5 Motoren! 4:3:3:1:3

Porsche 911 -- der Volkssportwagen...

"Hoffnung -- ist immer ein Mangel an Information!"

Wer restauriert -- verliert...

• Lars, welcome back!!! k:greeting: k:drinks:

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• 👍 Likewise !

911 Cabrio 930/25 , 3-1989, San Diego Reimport 2020 (38000mls, ab jetzt wird´s mehr !)

• Hello Lars,

sorry, I actually got the number wrong - you're right, it starts with 901. Oh man, it's getting there.

I haven't removed anything from the top of the engine compartment yet, I'm currently working on the exhaust, heating flaps and heat exchanger underneath. When everything is free, the valve clearance will be adjusted and the rest will be done downstairs. Then we'll have a look at the alternator.

Thanks for your help

Klaus

Carrera targa Bj. 87, re-europäisiertes US-Modell - verkauft

968 Cabrio Bj. 92, wimbledongrün

• SC has the correct CASTING NUMBER:

930.106.102.0R.

You can also buy a new blower outer part from Carpoint -- and then check what kind of alternator you have -- post pictures.

Carpoint supplies the blower for the 3.2 with a 90A alternator.

So that this blower can also be used for the smaller 75A and even smaller -- the store offers suitable adapter rings.

This allows you to adapt the blower from the 3.2 to the SC or F model.

But -- you'll have to take it apart first and see what's inside.

Lars

Nur wenn du schwarze Striche vom Kurvenausgang bis zum nächsten Bremspunkt ziehen kannst, hast du wirklich genug Leistung(Mark Donohue).

Sechs 964er bisher mit abgerissenen Dilas --- 14(!!!) Ventilfederbrüche bei den letzten 5 Motoren! 4:3:3:1:3

• Ruf CTR Lars, nice to have you back!

Greetings Ralf

Gruß Ralf

964 C2 Tiptronic Cabrio Bj 91 LMM 220

• Here is the "Bolt on Kit":

https://www.carpoint.de/porsch…lima-93010600607_862_1793

Plus:

https://www.carpoint.de/porsch…nhalter-11mm-70a_901_1832

Plus:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/115646703881

But -- first disassemble which Lima is installed.

Based on this, order the appropriate spacer ring....

Lars