What brand of tires do you ride?

• My Uri is due for a set of new tires. Originally it was Pirelli P 7, then Pirelli P 700 - but these now cost €450 each, which is €1,800 for a set. Now I've seen that there are some starting at €153 (up to €190, for example).

Of course, it's not about "saving money at any price" - but with a difference of three times as much, set € 600 or € 1,800, I'm wondering whether only the expensive ones are really "responsible"?

How do you see it?

(From Yokohama onwards - I have of course excluded the cheap brands).

This post has been automatically translated.

Gruß, Thorsten

928, Bj Februar`78. , deutsches Modell, Schalter, Tabakmet., Leder, Klima, Tempomat,

Bumper der US - Ausführung, sonst original

Edited once, last by Winkler123 (February 21, 2024 at 6:38 PM).

• I don't ride for lap times, and I'm generally more of a fair-weather cruiser.

So I don't typically go for the most expensive high-end tires, but look for a good compromise for me. I look for test reports and exchange experiences with friends and acquaintances!

What I don't go for are noname brands.

Greetings!

Gregor

gregory_928
    Porsche 928 GTS, MJ93, Schalter
    türkis-metallic

• On my '81 S are Michelin Pilot Exalto tires, N-rated and available for less than 200/each. They have good concentricity (in my experience important for the 928), are quite steering-exact, quiet, good-natured at the limit - as long as they are available, I will probably stick with them.

But it's all subjective, other tires are certainly also good.

• Always had Continental Sport Contact with the N marking. Was always very happy with them.

Last time I opted for Toyo Proxess ST lll because of the look.

Classes worse in terms of performance.

Porsche944S2
    SuzukiGSX750R
    YamahaXJR1300
    SuzukiAddress

HondaInnova
    BMW320iCabrio
    BenzC180
    Peugeot508

• I drive 17" Pirelli P Zero Rosso tires. They are quite loud, but very good in the wet.

Allzeit gute Fahrt wünscht

Bernd

993 Cabrio BJ 03.94, Schalter in schwarz-schwarz-schwarz

928 GTS BJ 10.92, Automat in amazonasgrün-klassikgrau

• On my '81 S are Michelin Pilot Exalto tires, N-rated and available for less than 200/each. They have good concentricity (in my experience important for the 928), are quite steering-exact, quiet, good-natured at the limit - as long as they are available, I will probably stick with them.

But it's all subjective, other tires are certainly also good.

I've been driving them since last year and am also very satisfied... :drive:

• Pilot Sport 4 is also available in 225/50 R 16. The problem child is actually 245/45R16, 270 € for the Pirelli and the Michelin MXX even costs 350 €.

Nanking is available for €72 but I'm skeptical about that 🧐

• Two years ago, I had some trouble finding tires for my 928 GT. There were hardly any offers, especially for the rear tires (245/45 ZR16). Unfortunately, not even the Conti Sport Contact, which I had had good experiences with on other Porsches. I ended up with the Pirelli P Zero Rosso.

• ... Look for test reports and exchange experiences with friends and acquaintances! ...

Greetings!

Gregor

And what kind of tires do you have on your 928?

Gruß, Thorsten

928, Bj Februar`78. , deutsches Modell, Schalter, Tabakmet., Leder, Klima, Tempomat,

Bumper der US - Ausführung, sonst original

• I have several sets of rims for my GTS.

In the cold season, I drive on 17" Continental WinterContact Cup rims (in the original GTS size).

In the warm season, I currently have 18" rims fitted with Kumho Ecsta Le Sport (235/40 front, 285/35 rear).

I'm currently happy with both, they were the best recommendations/compromises for me at the time of purchase.

In the past I've had Pirelli Pzero (not bad in the aftermath, but wore out quickly), Yokohama A008 (not so great in the rain), Fulda Carat Extremo (actually not so bad either, but a lot of rolling noise).

Greetings!
    Gregor

gregory_928
    Porsche 928 GTS, MJ93, Schalter
    türkis-metallic