997 PCCM+ alternative from Aliexpress

• Hello everyone,

In the meantime, many people know that Aliexpress offers a cheap PCCM+ alternative. I wanted to take the opportunity here to exchange ideas with like-minded people.

I gave it a try and am thoroughly convinced.

The main reason for the purchase was the wireless carplay.

Bought for 230€ at Aliexpress. Delivery 2 weeks, neatly packaged but without installation instructions.

Huge tangle of cables included which initially overwhelmed me.

Radio cover does not match the color. Quickly dismantled and painted.

Radio installation actually quite easy. Fit is actually better than expected. However, there is only the Bose variant and the Basic variant. There is no separate version for Soundpackage Plus.

The amplifier did not work after installation. Support from the dealer was very competent. Found the solution in combination with English forum pages. One cable must be connected to the other.

Everything works. Sound is bomb. So really cool...

Operation is self-explanatory after a few minutes.

So far I can say, why not? Because it's cheap junk from China, because a Porsche driver has to spend €1600 on a radio or else he should drive a Dacia?

So for me a clear buy recommendation. Looks great and Carplay is simply awesome.

So and now please wild discussion or on ner German side times problems with it and their solutions.

Best regards Tobi :wink:

This post has been automatically translated.

• Pictures would help a lot...

Greetings

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking:

• Subscribed!

I'm really looking forward to the pictures.

I assume the radio has an input for a reversing camera and DAB?

• Subscribed!

I'm really looking forward to the pictures.

I assume the radio has an input for a reversing camera and DAB?

I have already looked at Aliexpress, because I am also interested in the topic there are different versions (with camera incl.) but then the price changes. The prices range from approx. 215€ -500€

Gruß

Lars

Ist die Straße nass Fuß vom Gas, ist die Straße trocken drauf den Socken :drive:

• I'm also looking for something for my 987.2 and came across this topic.

There are x-variants as you say. With and without camera, Android 11, 12 and then 4 Gore 8 Core etc... :D

I haven't yet come to a consensus with myself as to exactly what I need or what I should look out for.

The only important thing is that I have buttons and dials so that it looks "original" and I can leave my iPhone in my pocket and it connects itself to the HeadUnit and I can use Spotify as well as Maps.

• Hello Tobi,

do you have the radio from Isudar or the model from Erisin?

I'm still looking for something suitable for our Cayman. I like the Erisin model better because the high-gloss look of the Erisin doesn't match the look of the Cayman so well.

LG

Michael

• I bought the radio listed below because of the positive reviews. As mentioned above, there are many different versions. I was told that you should take at least 4GB so that it runs smoothly. The memory is of little interest to me as I don't want to store any apps or video images on it. I don't have a camera and don't need one. So mine was quite cheap. If you have bose, you need the optics adapter.

I have attached a picture after painting. I'll take some pictures in the car tomorrow.

I just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Try it out! 214,99€ 50% discount | 7862 720p car Android 12 8g 256g car radio GPS player 4GB Carplay navigation car radio for Porsche Cayman Boxster

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGASDbj

• Super thanks for the info.

That's exactly what I had in mind. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures and I think I'll order it in the next few days.

• could you upload pictures of the installation and which cables you had to connect to solve your problem.

Thank you very much.