Nürburgring GP lap times with road cars

• Hello everyone,

unfortunately I couldn't find anything about lap times on the Nürburgring GP track during my brief research.

The times I found on Youtube are mainly from GT3 class race cars.

Since my last track day on this circuit, I've been wondering what is possible there with a road-legal car.

Do you have any references (time and vehicle)? It doesn't necessarily have to be your personal times, of course!

Funny attempt:

I tried to get a time in a simulator yesterday. However, it seems to be much faster than I can imagine "in real life". There, with a relatively short practice time, I achieved a time of exactly two minutes (2:01) with a 992 GT3 RS (sports tires / semi-slicks, not racing tires / slicks). The exact layout there is with the FIA chicane (i.e. the more "extreme" one).

This post has been automatically translated.

• But certainly not the complete GP track. Then you would be faster than a GT3 Cup on slicks.

Which track variant did you drive?

• But certainly not the complete GP track. Then you would be faster than a GT3 Cup on slicks.

Which track variant did you drive?

I was afraid that something might be different.

You can see the layout in this video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Are you looking for something like this?

https://lapmeta.com/de/track/variation/473

Yes exactly, thank you. So a pro is driving a 992 GT3 at 2:11, if I'm seeing it right there. Then the layout or the realism in Gran Turismo is off.

• What times do you drive (in real life, not in the simulator)?

• Hello everyone!

Nürburgring GP (fast chicane) - Here the 2:07 min is a real sound barrier for cars in the Porsche 991 GT3 RS category. You definitely need new tires here! If you're driving in the 2:10 min range, then that's not bad at all. By the way, the tight chicane is 2.5 - 3 seconds slower.

Nürburgring Sprint (fast chicane) - Here you are at approx. 1:35 min with a 991 GT3 RS

Best regards,

Daniel

• Mit freundlicher Lichthupe

Bernhard