Repairing paint damage before wrapping - tips on whether to use Smart Repair or a paint job via the PZ

• Hi, I have the same experience - 7 years old and the front has lots of small dents. I'm currently having the bumper completely repainted, as well as the underside of both sills (lowered ones sometimes sit up) and the rear spoiler, as I got caught on the edge when loading.
    Cost point at the painter who mainly paints and restores Porsches and delivers extremely good quality < €1,000

That's definitely a good price. You wouldn't happen to be from the region, would you?

Stuttgart area

This post has been automatically translated.

• Too bad, for me it's the Würzburg area. But I'll ask at the service center on Tuesday...

• I don't have any detailers/preparers in the Würzburg area, simply because we've done everything ourselves so far. Unfortunately, I don't have the experience. PZ simply said to leave everything as it is. My plan would be to have the damage at the rear repaired with Smart Repair - even if you can see color differences - because it is very clearly visible as it is. Now I just don't have the right contact person for it. I would then go back to Printtech in Munich for a wrap after about six months. Then the film shouldn't make any difference to the repaired area, should it?

Does anyone have a contact for such paint repairs?

Benni

• As far as I know, waiting longer with the wrapping will probably not help.

According to information from my, but also other wrappers, the problem with repainting is that the stoving temperature of the paint is lower, which can lead to the clear coat sticking to the film when it is to be removed again.

• As far as I know, waiting longer with the wrapping will probably not help.

According to information from my own and other wrappers, the problem with repainting is that the stoving temperature of the paint is lower, which can lead to the clear coat sticking to the film when it is to be removed again.

Yesterday, I had to deal with someone who regularly repairs larger accidents because of a different type of damage. It was about Smart Repair and he said that you can apply film after 4-5 weeks. I'll first see how the marks on the other car are removed and then think about it. Thanks for your feedback 👍🏼