Range in winter with the Taycan?

• According to my observations, hardly anyone really drives faster than 160km/h. Very occasionally a representative estate car or sports car, but the majority crawls around somewhere on the right and in the middle at 120-140.

When I'm traveling at 160-180 km/h, I almost never have to give way.

Yes, that's how I perceive it too - regardless of the issue of combustion vs. electric...

This post has been automatically translated.

981 Cayman GT4 "Biene Maja"
    und Andere... :wink:

• I would say that I drive slower with the Taycan. However, even today, I rarely drive faster than my target speed of 160-180, depending on my mood, the urgency of the situation and the battery status. Nevertheless, I used to drive faster and that must not only be due to the electric car, but also to roadworks, traffic density and age.
    What doesn't work with the Taycan is firing through Germany at 260+ at night on an open highway, which was no problem at all with a Cayenne S Diesel, for example. Then the stages become ridiculously short and you automatically slow down. I rarely drive really fast on the usual 110 km route, but only when it's really clear. Apart from that, I agree: no restrictions.

• I don't know what it will be like in winter, but so far I've always driven on the highway at <10 degrees. A full charge is enough for about 200-250 km, depending on how fast I can drive. After Roermond I was able to drive mostly at 200-250kmh and the battery was enough for the 200km. But it was also very rainy and windy. I saw my life flash before my eyes when there was suddenly a big puddle in the left-hand lane. Fortunately, the Taycan just ploughed through.

• A question for everyone: Do you all drive slower than you did back then with combustion engines, or do you generally drive slower on long journeys?

Maybe, but definitely more relaxed! :thumbsup:

When the Andrea's are on board, it's more pleasant for them if you drive with foresight, as the power delivery is not so pleasant for them in the long run. When I'm driving alone, you can also have fun with an RS6 on the highway. Sometimes one drives in front, then the other, with the Taycan being faster and more likely to be let past. There are also fewer tailgaters. :grin_weg:

Everything is possible and nothing is a must!

On my home route of 360 km, I may need 10 minutes longer than with the Cayenne V8. Either I drive slower, or I have to recharge for 10 minutes if I overdo it.

But see line 1 :!:

"Die Dinge des täglichen Lebens sollten von erlesener Schönheit sein".

Friedrich der Große

• However, in my experience, almost all electric cars do this and I'm on the highway quite a lot.

Regards

Peter

Because you pay special attention to them and they stand out because they are marked E! Watch out for slow drivers in general, then you will notice an incredible number of 100 km/h drivers and, to top it off, there are even some that have to be overtaken by trucks and these are not e-vehicles *8)

When I'm on the road with a van and trailer at 110 km/h, I get a crisis every time when I see all the vehicles creeping around and having to be overtaken, and in my experience these are not e-vehicles!

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordwesten,
    Torsten
    -----------------------------------------

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”
    (Saint Augustine)

• all the things that are creeping around and need to be overhauled, and in my experience these are not e-vehicles!

That's right, that's the other group :pop:. On recommendation country road 80 and BAB 100 :hilferuf: AMEN

"Die Dinge des täglichen Lebens sollten von erlesener Schönheit sein".

Friedrich der Große

• That's right. There are also a lot of combustion engines creeping along in the right-hand lane (often even in the left-hand lane)

991.1 Carrera s Cabrio

BMW M340d x Drive

BMW X1 2,3d x Drive (Andrea)

MB Marco o Polo 300d 4 matic

• Now that I like the look of the new Taycan, here's another question (not meant to be provocative): Do you drive an electric car for ecological reasons or because it's fun? We have an electric motorcycle at home, which is simply fun and at the time (for the purpose of driving license class A1) could also offer the best performance. So for us, the motorcycle has much more fun aspects. How do you see it? :drive:

Benni

• Sometimes I even drive a lap just for the sake of the environment.

MUV17 :drive:

Mitglied des T UV · Ein Auto ist ein Gebrauchsgegenstand. Ich benutze es, um von A nach A zu fahren.

• Now that I like the look of the new Taycan, here's another question (not meant to be provocative): Do you drive an electric car for ecological reasons or because it's fun? We have an electric motorcycle at home, which is simply fun and at the time (for the purpose of driving license class A1) could also offer the best performance. So for us, the motorcycle has much more fun aspects. How do you see it? :drive:

Benni

I've become friends with the TCO and I don't want to have to bear such high operating costs for a Daily with comparable performance. I only drive a combustion engine on sunny days when the mood takes me.

Also: standard pre-air conditioning in summer and winter.