Range in winter with the Taycan?

• how far can you get with the taycan on the highway in winter at an average speed of 140kmh?

This post has been automatically translated.

• 300-340 kilometers.

Der eine Gedanke der aus einem Werk ein Opus macht

• That works. But that's still the biggest weakness of all electric cars.

Of course, you can use the excuse that you can always charge at home, or take a cafe break on the road, or that you never drive more than 300 km in one go anyway, etc.

Ultimately, however, it remains a really annoying restriction and degrades the e-car to a second car for me. Only when 300 km become more than 500 km on the winter highway would I get rid of the diesel.

• Ultimately, however, it remains a really annoying restriction and degrades the e-car to a second car for me. Only when 300 km become more than 500 km on the winter highway would I get rid of the diesel.

...because of 10-15 minutes of intermediate charging...? k:facepalm:

Do you drive this (>500km per day) several times a week? k:scratch:

981 Cayman GT4 "Biene Maja"
    und Andere... :wink:

• That's true, of course, but being able to do it is much better than not being able to.

I also find it annoying to constantly have to look at the range.

With my Zoe with 385 km in good conditions (summer, city, incense sticks lit, etc.), I'm not exactly spoiled either.

• That's true, of course, but being able to do it is much better than not being able to do it.

I just find it annoying to have to look at the range all the time.

I still don't understand it...

When in doubt, you always drive off with a full tank (unlike with a diesel) and therefore the question of how often you have to drive longer distances in everyday life is the decisive one.

You "can" drive for longer - you just have to recharge briefly.

The only question is how often this happens (which is why I asked it - but so far there has been no answer, apart from the "having is better than needing" phrase)

But I suspect that you simply haven't tried it out yet...

981 Cayman GT4 "Biene Maja"
    und Andere... :wink:

• After last weekend and 1450 kilometers, I can only say that I always really enjoy driving long distances in the Taycan.

The 20-minute charging breaks every 250-340 km really don't bother me any more. At 800 km 2x 20 minutes approx.

And with the new Taycan it's even better

Der eine Gedanke der aus einem Werk ein Opus macht

• At some point, technical progress will give e-cars ranges of over 1000 km. Will the "combustion engine thread" then also be used to complain about the low ranges of combustion engines?

• 300-340 kilometers.

Sorry, but never ever, Roland. You have to be realistic, because especially on the highway without significant recuperation, consumption quickly exceeds 30kWh at this speed in winter!

250-280km with a full battery and a constant 140km/h, and even less at an average speed of 140km/h.

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordwesten,
    Torsten
    -----------------------------------------

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”
    (Saint Augustine)

• It's not often that I drive very long distances in one go, but the situation always arises where I take the diesel because it's a no brainer, even if it's only half or a quarter full.

You always have to remember that the electric car is also charged.

I just miss that little bit of 'freedom' with the e that I have with the diesel. So I just drive off without worrying. Refuel at every corner in case things get tight.