Coding - your opinion is needed

• Hello everyone,

Anyone who knows how to code or has had something coded, I would like to hear your opinion.

I would like to have PASM coded and the cruise control activated. Neither of these is a big deal, as I've already read here several times.

I also have the instructions.

Should be doable in 10-30 minutes. Will that work?

I had hoped to find some support here in the forum.

However, as I haven't yet found anyone who can code in the Stuttgart area (or would like to help, which is perfectly ok), I've asked an independent coder (makes several brands).

He charges 230€ for the two codes mentioned above.

One of the reasons he gives is license fees for PIWIS.

I think the price is pretty steep for what I consider to be a rather small amount of work, but maybe I'm wrong and I'm missing something.

Do you think this is justified?

Is it true that you need the connection to Porsche and therefore the license fees?

Regards

Andree

This post has been automatically translated.

• An original PIWIS is very expensive. So I think the price is absolutely right.

• Hi, have you ever asked the PZ if they would do this?

I had a few things changed on my import at the time, had the ECE SW installed on the MotorSG and PDK_SG and had a few things recoded and the whole thing cost just €200-300...

Greetings

Al

• Hello Rieux75,

6 years ago I paid approx. 75€ to have the cruise control activated at the service center. VG Ralf

• I recently had my 997 coded for the retrofitted cruise control system at the PZ.

The cost was just under 90 euros. From my point of view, that's perfectly fine.

Beste (luftgekühlte) Grüße

Bernd

• I bought a VCDS back in my Golf days and helped out a few people with it.

Back then, I always got €20 as an expense allowance, especially as coding/unlocking is not really time-consuming if you can do it.

That's why I personally think €230 is ambitious.

But of course, if someone earns their money with it, it's certainly something else.

• Thanks for your input.

Hi, have you asked the PZ if they would do this?

I was at the PZ yesterday.

They would code the cruise control for €100.

They might not do the PASM deactivation. For safety reasons. They would first have to ask the head office with the chassis number.

• It might also work with Durametric. I might be able to help you if you're ever in the Black Forest. You don't have to pay anything with me.

• Apparently it doesn't work because Durametric can't do handovers. I ordered a PIWIS 3 Clone from China for this purpose... But it hasn't arrived yet.